Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which marker is the best choice?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which marker is the best choice?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [55.56%]
4 [44.44%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2012 at 12:51pm
yep! And Thanks again!  I have the remote line! I am sealing some leaks on it. Like OPBN said, Mil sim adds to the weight and may restrict your movements.  All the extra's on your marker may force you to use a remote line and it is difficult to change up form shooting hand to non shooting hand when you are working a corner or a bunker .Remote lines have a tendency to snag on tree branches at the worse times.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Rubbr Chickin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubbr Chickin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2012 at 12:56pm
Well that's another ring that is different with me. I use a remote but I reversed the nipple and the QD slide using some fittings (for disconnecting with pressure) and added an on/ off shutoff on the remote half. Basically a redneck ProConnect 3 Or a Cobra Coil fitting.
f23blackwidow2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f23blackwidow2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 5:48pm
I would buy a 98 custom platinum. I know, iknow, everyone thinks thats old news, but it is a remarkable marker, and i have many friends with welts to prove it. in 4 years of owning one, the only time i have taken it to a paintball shop was to get my e-trigger installed. another advantage to the 98 is that there are so many aftermarket parts for it out there and they are ussually very inexpensive. i have friends with spyders, egos, A-5s, protos, alpha blacks, and many more, and i would take my gun over all of theres in a second because i know that, when i pull the trigger, there are no batteries, electirical stuff, and fancy modes that could mess up my gun; it will shot. and it does that very well. its also inexpensive.
Live
Or Lifes Not
Worth Living
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by f23blackwidow2 f23blackwidow2 wrote:

I would buy a 98 custom platinum. I know, iknow, everyone thinks thats old news, but it is a remarkable marker, and i have many friends with welts to prove it. in 4 years of owning one, the only time i have taken it to a paintball shop was to get my e-trigger installed. another advantage to the 98 is that there are so many aftermarket parts for it out there and they are ussually very inexpensive. i have friends with spyders, egos, A-5s, protos, alpha blacks, and many more, and i would take my gun over all of theres in a second because i know that, when i pull the trigger, there are no batteries, electirical stuff, and fancy modes that could mess up my gun; it will shot. and it does that very well. its also inexpensive.
So you have one of the rare Egrips that runs off of solar???
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Rubbr Chickin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubbr Chickin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 9:45pm

A5s, Alpha Blacks, and 98s are all mechanical unless you put an e-trigger in them. Hell, the 98 and the AB are the same other than the fact the body halves are different, and the A5 is basicaly the same design internally.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2012 at 6:53am
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Magic pixie dust.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2012 at 8:12am
Which brings up another point, the Phenom is capable of being switched from electronic to manual mode when your batteries die in the middle of a game.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
DeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2012 at 11:08am
Hi guys, im new here and a n00b, i was thinking of x7 mech, with hpa tank or x7 electro with 24oz co2 what do u guys thinks, im mostly playing woodsball
momoxsparco558 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momoxsparco558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 2:21pm
If you are allowed the RT then the a5 would be, in my opinion the best choice. I bought one for my wife... but if your are using co2 you MUST get expansion chamber it will make all the difference.

I personally use a bt4 erc, i was told it is not a tippmann it is a empire battle tested marker or something like that , however they are so alike i consider it a member in my tippmann collection. It comes with the rip clip and egrip... if you find a field that allows it,  i would highly recommend it
momoxsparco558 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momoxsparco558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2012 at 1:45am

You are very right, the 98 is a terrific marker. SO many possibilities for the marker. Only good thing about the alphas and such are they have the butt stocks and m16 barrel. They are just great for gifts, but there is nothing like building your own gun and making it your own!
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2012 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Rubbr Chickin Rubbr Chickin wrote:

Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

I would go with an A5, it retains some of what is already on the Alpha Black, plus it is in a close price range (under $200). The Phenom would be the next step up, there are hundreds of upgrades for it. Both have Cyclone.
Why not just put a Cycone on the AB? Seems silly to spend $200 for a new A5 when you can just add a Cyclone for $60.

You can't do as much cosmetically with an Alpha Black without chopping it up. With an A5 you could have an M16, MP5, UMP, etc. with only a few parts.

Had I looked further into Tippmanns in 2009 when I was getting my first gun, I would have gone with an A5 instead of my Alpha Black. It's something I look back on every day. I don't regret my choice tough, it was trusty and went through a lot, just wish I could've done more with it instead of just being able to switch the mag and upgrade the feed/ firing mechanism.

Are you are scenario player or just want to dress it up?

Very unorganized scenario. I play with woodsball guys but we use tactics and planning.

It's probably just my preference inspiring this. I've been using different guns every year. I've gone from AB to PS to TiPX to A5 and RAM R2 in 2 years.

ego

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2012 at 7:02pm

come on man they're not really that rare

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2012 at 7:07pm
Almost as rare as the fabled Super Chromium barrels.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 7:31pm

Almost as rare as the fabled Super Chromium barrels.

and the fabled Magic Pixie Dust.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic