Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CO2 shooting out of barrel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L1LPn0y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CO2 shooting out of barrel
    Posted: 29 December 2011 at 6:06pm
Alright well I went and played paintball with some friends. I ran out of Compressed air and needed to use a marker that used CO2. I starting using a friends Tippmann 98 Custom. After I screwed in the tank, the gun clicked and started shooting CO2 and paintballs out. Wasting half the tank and nearly shooting someone. Has anyone had this problem, and if so what did you do?????

Thanks Much,
AJ
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2011 at 7:04pm
How high was your velocity, and what were the weather conditions like? Cold temperatures can often lead to blowing snow out the barrel, which is one of the reasons compressed air is preferable to Co2, it's consistency isn't as susceptible to temperature variables.

?

L1LPn0y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L1LPn0y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2011 at 7:43pm
When I say blowing out, its like blasting out the air, hadnt even shot or touched the trigger. it was like when unscrewing the tanks, the gas shots out, but bigger and nonstop until the tank was removed. And it was 52 degress out.

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2011 at 10:03pm
Did you Cock the Gun before hooking up the CO2? This isn't your 98 so it could had blown Valve O Rings. Did you try that 98 with another airsource?
L1LPn0y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote L1LPn0y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 12:31am
I believe the gun was cocked before I placed the co2. The owner said he was going to trash the gun so I took it. I have taken it apart and my father and I both believe the valve blew.

Hudson View Drop Down
Likes sparking things

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 1:08am
Originally posted by L1LPn0y L1LPn0y wrote:

I believe the gun was cocked before I placed the co2. The owner said he was going to trash the gun so I took it. I have taken it apart and my father and I both believe the valve blew.

I had the same problem with my 98. The valve was messed up, and i had to change it. It was a 35$ fix.
L1LPn0y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L1LPn0y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 12:45pm
Do just buy a whole new valve??

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 1:28pm
Yes

L1LPn0y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L1LPn0y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 4:17pm
Alright thanks everyone for your help. Also once I get the marker operational I want to put upgrades on it since it is now mine to keep. The past owner said if I fix it it's mine, so YAY!!. The marker seems to be just the Basic 98 Custom.

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 7:47am
Many times you can just clean the valve, and it will fix it. (replace the o-rings). See youtube for videos that show you how...

98's are very durable, and last for years without doing anything to them, typically if they mess up a good cleaning will fix them. 
They tremble at my name...
xiatian0502 View Drop Down

Spammie!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xiatian0502 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2012 at 1:03am
Spamming is bad.

Edited by Mack - 13 February 2012 at 9:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic