Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Civil War paintball

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2012 at 10:20am
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

And... nice pants bro. LOL

This
commander Doug View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Spamming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commander Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2012 at 12:37pm
Most CW paintball events would be private and not open to the public mainly due to safety concerns. The SCA does not actually reenact specific battles, though they could if there was interest. At our national event in Penn. the Pennsic wars there are battles with 3000+ fighters in the field. I have participated in very small CW skirmishes with 6-8 participants in the woods and it is very exciting. My woolen uniform does not seem to get unduly stained. The goal is to maintain your position and kill or disable the other side. No different than modern paintball but with single shot rifles where an accurate shot is more important than a high rate of fire. Now instead of parading around in nice clean uniforms and pretending that you got shot, you know if you got hit or bought the farm. Battles could be gauged on kills or injuries. This would give the soldiers something to talk about around the campfires at night. Events could be staged with war points to see if the South will rise once more. Soldiers with arm or leg wounds would be restricted in their use or mobility in battle. In the SCA we camp, eat and party all the time. There is constant talk of how the war is going and how you performed in the field. Practically everyone in the SCA is an amateur historian in addition to being a fighter. I feel paintball would greatly add to the experience of CW reenacting. Now all we need is the equipment. Commander Doug
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2012 at 1:59pm
Interesting. With the link removed, I could only infer what was going on from the posts I'd read. can you PM me the link for curiosity sake?
?

kseize1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kseize1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 1:49am
Hey Commander saw your site... I'm interested in AZ.... shoot me an email @ kseize1@gmail.com if you wouldn't mind... I would love to talk about this with you in greater detail. Thanks

Kris
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic