Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My New Tippmann A-5!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChitownPaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My New Tippmann A-5!
    Posted: 22 January 2012 at 6:33pm
 Just bought this today and i am in love with it. Haven't played with it yet but can't wait, i love the cyclone feed !!! I went in my backyard and shot off a few rounds and it was ssmexy. 
-Tippmann A-5
-Ninja 48ci HPA tank
-3skull tank cover
-Tippy Cyclone Feed system
Rootbeer2468 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 10:59pm
Nice xD What do you think you will do as far as upgrades?
Tippmann 98C Platinum
Apex 2
Cyclone feed system
Tapco folding stock
ChitownPaintballer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChitownPaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2012 at 4:57pm
apex or flatline barrel, eventually i will do a camo paint job myself, maybe a response trigger to keep up with the hopper, double trigger (already have just havent installed), and squishy paddles for the cyclone.  :)

Edited by ChitownPaintballer - 23 January 2012 at 5:00pm
-Tippmann A-5
-Ninja 48ci HPA tank
-3skull tank cover
-Tippy Cyclone Feed system

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2012 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by ChitownPaintballer ChitownPaintballer wrote:

apex or flatline barrel, eventually i will do a camo paint job myself, maybe a response trigger to keep up with the hopper, double trigger (already have just havent installed), and squishy paddles for the cyclone.  :)
Will be nice xD I suggest getting a buttstock? I'd rather get the Apex2 over the flatline. I have one and it's awesome! xD
Tippmann 98C Platinum
Apex 2
Cyclone feed system
Tapco folding stock
momoxsparco558 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momoxsparco558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2012 at 2:32pm
I had the Apex for my a5 and it did not work all that well... i ended up switching back to the m16 barrel. The Apex2 looks interesting. You could also go with a CP barrel. They are slightly over-bored and i noticed when i play with cheap paint, a lot more of it goes where i want it to instead of veering off everywhere. All paint balls typically start out (size) around .689.
My weapon of choice has been a 
CP 14" 1 Piece Classic Barrel. I bored to .693. It works GREAT!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2012 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by momoxsparco558 momoxsparco558 wrote:

I had the Apex for my a5 and it did not work all that well... i ended up switching back to the m16 barrel. The Apex2 looks interesting. You could also go with a CP barrel. They are slightly over-bored and i noticed when i play with cheap paint, a lot more of it goes where i want it to instead of veering off everywhere. All paint balls typically start out (size) around .689.
My weapon of choice has been a 
CP 14" 1 Piece Classic Barrel. I bored to .693. It works GREAT!
The trick shot stuff is BS to me. I don't like that at all.
Tippmann 98C Platinum
Apex 2
Cyclone feed system
Tapco folding stock
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2012 at 4:59pm
If someone blasted you in the five hole with a trick shot would you become a believer?
TannerMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TannerMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 7:55am
In my experience the Apex 2 was very rough on cheap paint. as I am to cheap to buy non cheap paint, I returned it and switched back to my J&J ceramic barrel. Nothing fancy, but it works well.
JeanePittman View Drop Down

copy . . . paste . . . spam . . . ban

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeanePittman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2012 at 9:15pm

Edited by Mack - 22 September 2012 at 10:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic