Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Kind of paintball

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bc5rm125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Kind of paintball
    Posted: 25 January 2012 at 12:01am
Just thinking since paintballs are filled with liquid, when they're fired the shell will always spin differently than the liquid and make it innacurate so why don't they make paintballs with a sort of soft but sticky jelly like colored foam that sticks to the inner shell which sticks to the inner shell that lets it move with the shell and gives it more accuracy but still marks your target. It would help alot in apex's and flatlines since the backspin messes it up sometimes. Just a thought, it's probably been tested and already failed but just wonderin if anyones heard of it or think it would work
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 9:44am
I think that a ball breaking in the barrel would take you out of the game for some time. Right now you can easily squeegie/swab the barrel on the field if you really need to. If the "sticky element" is in the barrel, one must guess that you would need a bit more to clean it out, like a detergent. 
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

bc5rm125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bc5rm125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 10:52am
Yea your probably right I didn't think about that part, but it would be a pretty hard to wipe in the middle of a game if you got hit with it haha
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 11:07am
Originally posted by bc5rm125 bc5rm125 wrote:

Yea your probably right I didn't think about that part, but it would be a pretty hard to wipe in the middle of a game if you got hit with it haha

Wiping is cheating and a show of poor sportsmanship. 
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 7:13am
A five gallon of semi gloss
AgentSmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 7:37pm
They sort of have it. http://www.hydrotecpaintball.com/

The fill is a semisolid, a gel when pressed into the paintball and turning liquid when the ball breaks.
They're still working on them.

Rob
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 10:32am
Check out some winter fills. They are much more viscous than regular paint. See if those are any better then regular paint with spin. That will test your theory out.
bc5rm125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bc5rm125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2012 at 2:15am
Thanks for the suggestions, I just saw the winter fills, ill have to go pick some up this weekend before the game, any recommendations on the brand or are they all pretty good. O ya I checked out the hydrotech paintballs but I couldn't find anywhere to order them it just directed me to a field site, any Ideas?
AgentSmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 6:47am
They're still in development, hopefully soon!
I've been watching these since I first heard of them, as a pistols only player, I'd happily pay more for seamless consistent paint!

Rob
blits98cp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blits98cp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 1:29pm
it would be like the oil based paints again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic