Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My MAGFED Tippmanns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My MAGFED Tippmanns
    Posted: 11 February 2012 at 9:32am

Ok yesterday got my Tank filled and this is a craptastic iPhone video of the 3 of the first 4 mags i shot through the Tacamo kit. The First Mag i used to Chrono. She's shooting at 283-285 steady on HPA. Shooting Valken Infinity (because of the ticker shell it's the paint used. per Doug Brown's advise on thicker shelled paint). I can say that I had 3 breaks in my Apex tip. I'm not sure if my ramp is jacked or if I need to upgrade to an apex2 but I might eliminate the Apex all together. I dont have the Paint to Experiment with Settings and Range.

I had zero Mag breaks and Zero breach chops. I fired one clip on Mechanical Semi and two in Electronic "Hyper" mode with fires on Trigger Pull and Trigger release. Being MagFed i didnt want to blow my clip in one pull. But I wanted to double my ROF if needed a fair balance between Ammo/ROF.

Here is a link to a video I posted on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=3231263590270&oid=127645857317630
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2012 at 11:43pm
Very nice. I played Tippmann World Challenge with a Tacamo kit. I was questioned many times if I was on the right team. Did you pre-order?
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 3:54pm
Hmmm. I'll have to order some of these and give it a try.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2012 at 10:14pm
I go through waaaay too much paint to every use one of those systems effectively.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

I go through waaaay too much paint to every use one of those systems effectively.

You get better fast. I was playing pistol primary half of last year. I gotten better and better each game now that every single shot counts. I went from about 2000 rds a game to about a bag plus.
ChEwYY$$ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChEwYY$$ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2012 at 1:46am
Nice! How reliable is the TPX?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2012 at 9:25pm
It has yet to let me down. But you got to learn air & paint management after your 3rd mag switch your air.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 9:31am

Are the Tacamo kits the same as Rap4? I have heard some serious complaints of the Rap4 kits fitting terribly and becoming blenders.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 9:38am
Can't answer your question but I have read in a couple of places that either RAP or Tacomo had problems with an overseas supplier.  Specifically, the kits didn't meet their specifications and after the kits were returned to the overseas supplier for refund they somehow started showing up on places like e-bay.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 9:50am
Gotta love Asian business philosophy.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 9:51am
Hey, I never mentioned China!
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Neither did I. There are more countries in Asia than just China. Wink And unfortunately, many of them have a very similiar philosophy of "buyer beware". I deal with Asia on a nearly daily basis. Very familiar with how they operate.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 10:17am
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Neither did I. There are more countries in Asia than just China. Wink And unfortunately, many of them have a very similiar philosophy of "buyer beware". I deal with Asia on a nearly daily basis. Very familiar with how they operate.

Many Asian manufacturers do not use/have QC engineers, so no quality control.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 10:32am
Not sure if that is necessarily the case, but it seems to be socially acceptable in many regions, especially China, to resell non-spec parts as long as you offer a lower price. There also seems to be an issue with the definition of "new".  I.E. picking something out of a trash heap, cleaning it up and remarking it is not new by most of the worlds definition, but not in China. However, it is also not uncommon to have a manufacturer reject parts for QC concerns and then another company buys the rejects as scrap and resells them without advising that they are factory rejects. The burden of making sure the parts are good is always on the buyer. Once the seller has their money, they rarely stand behind the product.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 10:44am

This reminds me of a thread a long time ago.  Something like "It makes great economic sense for our country to surrender menial jobs like welding bicycle frames to Asia. 

I eventually used JB Weld to attach my palms to my face because my arms got tired. 

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 10:52am
Part of the problem of low quality also stems from the pressure for Asian companies to deliver an inexpensive product. People automatically assume that if they use Asian manufacturers, the production costs will be insanely cheap. However, they fail to take into account that these Asian companies run very lean and on very thin profit margins. There is little room for error, and they will do anything to turn a profit. So, if they produce $100k worth of parts and they are only making $10k or so on them and then the parts get rejected, they will do everything within their power to insure they recoup as much of their money as possible. There seems to be little concern for making it up in the future. The see money lost as money lost and recouping due to later business doesnt enter into the equation. Thus the reason that sooooo many factory rejects and/or inferior parts find their way back into the market.
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 2:59pm
So when I get around to buying some of these magazines, where should I purchase them as to avoid getiing lower quality mags?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 3:04pm
I got mine throught Rockstar Tactical. The only issue I had RAP4 fixed it free of charge.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Arabic is also very similar. In fact you are MORE likely to get crap product from them if you are white.
sairam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sairam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 1:16am
nice information
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic