Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Almost finished 98 Custom Platinum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Almost finished 98 Custom Platinum
    Posted: 14 February 2012 at 8:29pm
Hey guys I wanted to update all of you on my 98 custom platinum series. I have put about $425 into this gun and I am still gonna keep upgrading it. I will show you some pics of it now. Tell me what you think and if I should add anything. I am thinking about adding a bipod and upgrading internals. :) Happy Valentines day!

sorry for big pics... took with my IPOD
That is what it looks like now :)

My quad rail with my 14inch Apex2

Cyclone feed system with TechT Squishy paddles DS+

Squishy paddles.

NCstar red dot sight (for looks)

Looking through Red dot

Thanks! Tell me what you think!!

Edited by Rootbeer2468 - 14 February 2012 at 8:38pm
Tippmann 98C Platinum
Apex 2
Cyclone feed system
Tapco folding stock
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 8:53pm
Nice job! How do you like the apex?

Coiled remote
Rootbeer2468 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 7:39am
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

Nice job! How do you like the apex?

Coiled remote
I like the apex2 alot I dont reallyuse the trick shots and stuff though but it also looks really mean on my gun xD
Tippmann 98C Platinum
Apex 2
Cyclone feed system
Tapco folding stock
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 9:55am

Don't waste your money on "upgraded internals". They will do nothing but empty your wallet. No significant increase in performance/durability and in some cases may actually lower performance. For an upgrade that will actually make a difference and not just add weight and tacticool, look into an HPA tank.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 9:59am
^^^ what OPBN said and look into polishing the internals, it will help some with routine maintenance on your marker.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 10:07am
Wow, I just reread the description and realize you mention having over $400 into this marker and it doesnt even have an E-grip?? Holy Crap Batman!
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

^^^ what OPBN said and look into polishing the internals, it will help some with routine maintenance on your marker.
I was thinking about polishing internals...What else would i need beside a steel wool? And IDK about HPA because my local field uses them and when firing you can watch the air gauge go down.  I play once a month from 8 in the morning till 6 in the afternoon using co2. 1 20oz co2 last me most of the day. 
Tippmann 98C Platinum
Apex 2
Cyclone feed system
Tapco folding stock
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 10:19am
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 10:28am
CO2 typically does allow for more shots per tank than HPA, but HPA is considerably more consistent.  I think every field that I have played at has had an all day air fee that is somewhat reasonable compared to single fills on CO2.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 15 February 2012 at 10:29am
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Rootbeer2468 Rootbeer2468 wrote:

I was thinking about polishing internals...What else would i need beside a steel wool? And IDK about HPA because my local field uses them and when firing you can watch the air gauge go down.  I play once a month from 8 in the morning till 6 in the afternoon using co2. 1 20oz co2 last me most of the day. 

Sounds like a lack of maintenance by the local field.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 10:39am

If CO2 tanks had guages, you would see those guages move as well.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 11:59am

You can check c02 pressure with a gauge like this but I prefer to weigh c02 tanks to determine how full the tank is.

On the c02 tank in the picture you can barely see some red paint on the side of the tank which states the weight of the tank when it's empty.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 15 February 2012 at 12:01pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2012 at 11:25pm

Sounds like a lack of maintenance by the local field.
I dont really like to play there... They have small field but nice shop xD
Tippmann 98C Platinum
Apex 2
Cyclone feed system
Tapco folding stock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2012 at 12:51am
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Wow, I just reread the description and realize you mention having over $400 into this marker and it doesnt even have an E-grip?? Holy Crap Batman!
Wow just realized i forgot in post..... I am planning on getting an E-grip soon :D
Tippmann 98C Platinum
Apex 2
Cyclone feed system
Tapco folding stock
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2012 at 9:59am
And Wootbeer please get a remote like in my picture and get that tank off of your gun mkay?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2012 at 10:09am

a remote line? Hmmm I will look into it... Whats the deal with aiming? I cant aim or look down the sights with my gun at all because of my mask... It bothers me. :/

Tippmann 98C Platinum
Apex 2
Cyclone feed system
Tapco folding stock
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2012 at 10:15am
ditch the stock you have and get a t stock like in my picture too
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2012 at 10:21am

a remote line? Hmmm I will look into it... Whats the deal with aiming? I cant aim or look down the sights with my gun at all because of my mask... It bothers me. :/

Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

ditch the stock you have and get a t stock like in my picture too

Or find a raised sight rail.
dillon roe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon roe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2012 at 3:21pm
i have a raised sight rail and it does wonders. Smile
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2012 at 4:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic