Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98 Custom Trouble (Cant get barrel off)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustShoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98 Custom Trouble (Cant get barrel off)
    Posted: 15 February 2012 at 8:37pm
 I bought a tippmann 98 custom platinum series with ACT yesterday. I got it out of the box and put the barrel on and noticed that it seemed as if it were a little harder than usual to put the barrel on. (ive owned a 98 before) I then took it off and put it back on 2 more times and now its stuck on there. The barrel is straight, so i didnt put it in crooked or anything but now it just wont come off! CryIts stuck in the gun and i cant twist it to get it out. Any solutions for this problem?
I appreciate any help!
Thanks.
Tippmann 98 Custom (Platinum/ACT)
Tippmann 98 Custom (20th Anniversary)
Spyder Aggressor XT
JustShoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustShoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 8:51pm
I plan on returning the gun tomorrow to the store, since it seems like they sold me a POS gun. (it was on display too). I just don't want to try to return it and then they utry to take the barrel off and blame me about "breaking the gun" then not letting me return it.
Tippmann 98 Custom (Platinum/ACT)
Tippmann 98 Custom (20th Anniversary)
Spyder Aggressor XT
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 10:23pm
You can add to a post by editing it under post options.  You should be able to get the barrel out by loosening the front screws of the body shells.
ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Started from the botttom, not there yet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 10:27pm
What mack said, just take the front screws loose/out and it should come out.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic