Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What was your dumbest pb purchase?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What was your dumbest pb purchase?
    Posted: 05 March 2012 at 3:04pm
Another thread got me thinking about this and I need to give it some thought but what was your most regretful pb purchase?
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2012 at 3:43pm

For me I would say it has to be the milsim kit I bought for my 98. I bought the tactical Ak shroud parts and yes it looks cool but now the added weight annoys me and the stock seems to get in the way. It isnt that difficult to take off, but if I did take it off Im not sure what I would do with the pieces. Or actually thinking about it I bought a sight riser and it actually made the sight useless because then all I could see was side of the hopper.

God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2012 at 5:41pm
A chrono that attached at the end of the barrel.

Too much expensive paint that would warp before I ended up using it.

Too many CO2 tanks filling them all, and forgetting to keeptrack of levels. Having a ton of C02 tanks all expire in short period of time of each other.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2012 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by God God wrote:

Too many CO2 tanks filling them all, and forgetting to keeptrack of levels. .

This may sound rather OCD but I have everyone of my CO2 tanks labeled with the empty weight.  I just use a fish scale to find out how much is left.  When they get low they go with my repair stuff to use for testing until they are empty.
ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Started from the botttom, not there yet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2012 at 8:40pm
Buying my Marq 7, I haven't gotten to use it once since I got it.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2012 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by God God wrote:

Too many CO2 tanks filling them all, and forgetting to keeptrack of levels. .

This may sound rather OCD but I have everyone of my CO2 tanks labeled with the empty weight.  I just use a fish scale to find out how much is left.  When they get low they go with my repair stuff to use for testing until they are empty.
I also have the empty weight of all of my tanks as use a fish scale, but I use it for filling my own tanks at home.
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2012 at 10:46pm
At this point I think I am done with CO2 tanks and plan to just buy whatever I need to fill my Comp air tanks myself.

On second thought, I might just have what I need in the workshop at work. Ill have to check and see.

Hmm...

Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2012 at 8:50am
I have a disappointing purchase, the Apex 2.  Not liking it on my A5, throwing paint everywhere regardless of what brand I am using. 
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2012 at 9:32am
BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh man, where to start?
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2012 at 11:28am
Aftermarket PT and bolt for my 98C. Second was probably the throat mics for some walkie talkies that my brother and I have. They never worked right, ever.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2012 at 2:36pm
An Autococker.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2012 at 3:27pm
brass eagle marauder (x2)

probably buying the pile of guns i have in my closet... though in about 10-15 years i should be able to make a bunch of money off the "vintage guns"

splatmaster, rainmaker, pile of sheridan brass, 6 or 7 brass eagle nightmares...

biggest mistake was selling my dark cocker :(
saving the world, one warship at a time.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2012 at 4:37pm
The TTF5 I bought was a bit of a mess, but never really regretted getting it.

That said, probably the palmer's quick-switch I swapped my shocktech bomb out for. It ALWAYS hissed. Way too fickle with not enough play to properly time a hair-trigger.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 5:06pm
HPA tank. It was expensive, and the fact that i haven't got it hydro tested is one major reason I haven't played in years. It spoiled me on CO2. Most of my other stuff (68 carbine excluded) I could just pick up and play with. The carbine has a borked valve, I intended to fix it as a loaner, so that was pretty dumb. Best purchase was the original SL-68 I got on ebay for a song. The seller obviously thought he sold me a junker but it just needed a cup seal and an o-ring in the bottom of the ASA to work fine. It's satisfying to run a gun older than I am sometimes.
ChEwYY$$ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChEwYY$$ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 12:52am
Any thing I ever bought from Walmart thinking it was legitimate source for paintball equipment.
I learned quickly! 
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2012 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

An Autococker.

Cry

For me it was a 'Mag.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 12:07am
Originally posted by sinisterNorth sinisterNorth wrote:

An Autococker.

Cry

For me it was a 'Mag.
Then you're doin it wrong.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

An Autococker.

Cry

For me it was a 'Mag.

I bought it knowing nothing about Mags and didn't want to take the time to learn or get it fixed. That's when I found Snipers and pumps became my life.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 2:05pm

Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

An Autococker.

Cry

For me it was a 'Mag.

I bought it knowing nothing about Mags and didn't want to take the time to learn or get it fixed. That's when I found Snipers and pumps became my life.
Apology accepted.  LOL
shooter686 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter686 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2012 at 9:54am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh man, where to start?

QTF! mine has to be a dye invision turbine fan....

Edited by shooter686 - 28 April 2012 at 9:55am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic