Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What was your dumbest pb purchase?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tec13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tec13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What was your dumbest pb purchase?
    Posted: 30 October 2012 at 1:41pm
Bought a two man paintball tank from a local paintball field... Might as well have bought a paintball bunker!.. Underpowered and not that useful at local paintball fields, not to mention that I did not have a way to transport it...lol... You live and learn... 
Markers Currently Own: 160
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 3:29pm
I bought a reaper mask off ebay, figuring I would put it over my mask. 

It is almost impossible to see out of...

But, sometimes it is worth it. 

They tremble at my name...
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 7:03am
Originally posted by ekeboo ekeboo wrote:

I haven't even thought of playing yet, I do however have some of my gear still with me. ( the rest is at the Rent's house).
Your making me think now, what do i need to play, I probably have three air tanks to be hydro'ed.
 My eclipse cocker is sitting here on my desk, along with my 98 mech cocker.
 I have a KAPP jersey in my closet.(that i don't dare to actually play in.)
My etek and other junk is all at the parents house. My invisions are probably so nasty.. (good luck finding lenses for those)

Yep,, i think i will stick to dreaming of playing for now.Cry

You know most HPA stations at fields are "self service" now right? I'd be amazed if even 1/4 of the tanks being used today are within hydro. PSP dropped the cap back down to 12.5bps, so mechs and e-cockers keep up just fine with a revvy. That KAPP jersey is worth some dough.

Now you know why I've always stuck with JT masks. I have a profiler (which you can still get lenses for) but the JT proflex will never go out of style.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 12:28am
I haven't even thought of playing yet, I do however have some of my gear still with me. ( the rest is at the Rent's house).
Your making me think now, what do i need to play, I probably have three air tanks to be hydro'ed.
 My eclipse cocker is sitting here on my desk, along with my 98 mech cocker.
 I have a KAPP jersey in my closet.(that i don't dare to actually play in.)
My etek and other junk is all at the parents house. My invisions are probably so nasty.. (good luck finding lenses for those)

Yep,, i think i will stick to dreaming of playing for now.Cry

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 10:45am
Originally posted by ekeboo ekeboo wrote:

Bored last night finishing a math assignment, Heard an ad for the local indoor field here in Santa Rosa, and started thinking about playing again, I guess i just missed you guys, Embarrassed

Haven't played in a looonnnggg time, Cars and Life took over i guess.

I know how it goes. I got back in last month for a game or two, but haven't had time this month. Hoping to get out there early November so I can beat the cold. Found a good field just 20 minutes from me, so that helps.
ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 8:58am
Bored last night finishing a math assignment, Heard an ad for the local indoor field here in Santa Rosa, and started thinking about playing again, I guess i just missed you guys, Embarrassed

Haven't played in a looonnnggg time, Cars and Life took over i guess.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 6:57am
^^^^
Holy crap, where did you come from?!
ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 1:53am
A scope, biggest waste of $20 of my entire life!!

Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 10:53am
This load of road apples...

Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 10:03am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

It's easy to be impressed by a Vulcan when your previous method of firing a projectile involved some string with a leather pouch on the end that you used to fling rocks at the Romans with.

......that's actually how one of our guys started.

Crossman Wrist Rocket, BDU pocked full of paintballs.
He actually held his own when the rest of us were using Talons and the old BE Tigershark pumps.
?

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

I had two of these.  I picked them up when I
started to get back into the sport and needed something simple to
introduce my kid and his friends to paintball with.  (Up to this point, I'd always rented.)  The one's I had came with a snap-on stock with a built in holder for several 10-rd tubes so they were much cooler than this one.  In all seriousness, they worked fine for what I used them for.

It's easy to be impressed by a Vulcan when your previous method of firing a projectile involved some string with a leather pouch on the end that you used to fling rocks at the Romans with.

One of the few markers we wouldn't even give trade-in credit on at the store. We'd give you $10 for a Talon and then go throw it in the dumpster, but we couldn't even bring ourselves to give you that for a Vulcan.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

I'll play.

WAY back when I started playing, there was nothing but rec ball around us. There was no place to fill tanks within an hour's drive, so most of us were using Talons, Stingrays with 12g adapters, etc.

One day, while wandering through some store (can't remember which one) I saw this little gem:

Keep in mind, we were kids and for some reason, this seemed like a good idea.
I used it twice, and went BACK to my BE Talon. I may be the only person on earth who will ever admit to owning one of these.

I had two of these.  I picked them up when I started to get back into the sport and needed something simple to introduce my kid and his friends to paintball with.  (Up to this point, I'd always rented.)  The one's I had came with a snap-on stock with a built in holder for several 10-rd tubes so they were much cooler than this one.  In all seriousness, they worked fine for what I used them for.

The upside of it was it introduced me to the concept of 'loaner' gear, and I started to collect gear to loan to people so I could get others to play with us.

I threw this thing away when I loaned it to a girl I had a crush on, it failed her miserably, she got shot several times and never talked to me again.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 8:44am
I'll play.

WAY back when I started playing, there was nothing but rec ball around us. There was no place to fill tanks within an hour's drive, so most of us were using Talons, Stingrays with 12g adapters, etc.

One day, while wandering through some store (can't remember which one) I saw this little gem:

Keep in mind, we were kids and for some reason, this seemed like a good idea.
I used it twice, and went BACK to my BE Talon. I may be the only person on earth who will ever admit to owning one of these.

The upside of it was it introduced me to the concept of 'loaner' gear, and I started to collect gear to loan to people so I could get others to play with us.

I threw this thing away when I loaned it to a girl I had a crush on, it failed her miserably, she got shot several times and never talked to me again.

Edited by Reb Cpl - 02 October 2012 at 8:45am
?

kendall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2012 at 9:26pm
mine doesn't technically go down as a purchase, but i did a very stupid thing and paid someone $50 once to hydro test a co2 tank. live and learn, they say.

i've since been done with co2 and only on compressed air for ages now. makes life so much easier. living in southwest florida and having dive shops all over town helps tremendously!
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 3:06pm
A PT Extreme LOL
psoydos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psoydos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 1:42pm
14" rifled barrel for my Carver One.  Thought that the "rifling" would improve accuracy on targets over 100 ft but it didn't.  Shots go everywhere.  Even the rental 98's were shooting straighter and further than me.

Also, red dot sites!  Although mine came with my package, I now find it useless when playing.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 7:46am
Chrome electro-Spyder clone.
Aggie View Drop Down
Lifetime FFA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 2:18am
Mine would have to be two refurbished auto cockers that I got from I&I sports...niether one has worked yet and I've spent countless frustrated hours on those stupid things.
Make It Happen
shooter686 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter686 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2012 at 9:54am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh man, where to start?

QTF! mine has to be a dye invision turbine fan....

Edited by shooter686 - 28 April 2012 at 9:55am
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by sinisterNorth sinisterNorth wrote:

Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Originally posted by sinisterNorth sinisterNorth wrote:

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

An Autococker.

Cry

For me it was a 'Mag.
Then you're doin it wrong.

I bought it knowing nothing about Mags and didn't want to take the time to learn or get it fixed. That's when I found Snipers and pumps became my life.
Apology accepted.  LOL
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic