Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Photography + Xray = ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Photography + Xray = ?
    Posted: 13 April 2012 at 10:28pm
A new project I've been playing around with:

WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
choopie911 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2012 at 10:33pm
inb4 needs more watermark.

Cool stuff, what's the process?
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2012 at 10:43pm
Experimentation with contrast uptake in the flowers; in order to find the right ratio of water to contrast media for proper definition. Then I needed to time out the "golden hour" of contrast uptake where the detail is there, yet the flower hasn't began dying from the toxicity. 

Then it's a walk over to the mammography unit, which due to different energy level photons is better suited for the imaging process. I take a few very low dose technique images in order to still show the pedals. 

Then I use our digitizing software to bring in a high res digital image... port it over to Photoshop, and run a few filters for glow and sharpening.

I plan to pursue the project further with different plants, and actual composition... but it's tedious due to clinical red tape.

I know a few other people produce images similar to this, however; i'm not sure of the authenticity of their process.

Either way, it's pretty fun.
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2012 at 10:44pm
Nice, but needs more watermark.

InAfter Needs more watermark.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Truly a shining example to you all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2012 at 10:53pm
It almost looks like that flower is made of ... glass
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2012 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

It almost looks like that flower is made of ... glass

Winnar.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2012 at 11:11pm
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Voted 2010 Most Improved horse fondler.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2012 at 1:28am
I've spent the past 2 hours looking at photographs for ideas, for an upcoming shoot with a friend that I am doing; that is easily the coolest photo I've seen so far tonight.

Also: scotchy wins this thread.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President

RIP T&O Forum
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2012 at 9:32am
Looks good. Xray is pretty cool, I've been spending a lot of my free time in the ER going through the day's pictures.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2012 at 9:44am
I don't know how it is in radiology, but be careful.  In our lab, someone just got fired for drawing their own blood and running their own tests.  Apparently my employer considers that theft.  
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2012 at 10:26am
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

I don't know how it is in radiology, but be careful.  In our lab, someone just got fired for drawing their own blood and running their own tests.  Apparently my employer considers that theft.  

I'd call that efficient. I couldn't do it though, I'd pass out before I could collect the blood. I get slightly vasovagal when stuff is being done to me, but I have no problem working on others.

There was a similar incident at a hospital I was at but the end result wasn't as drastic.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2012 at 10:31am
well... I don't know if they actually drew their own blood, I think they had someone else do it.  That'd be real tough.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2012 at 11:10am
I pass out on blood draws. I hate them. Shots aren't a problem, but just talking about veins and arteries in biology makes me weak.

Awesome pic, I'd like to get into photography.
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2012 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

well... I don't know if they actually drew their own blood, I think they had someone else do it.  That'd be real tough.

Not as hard as you might think.  I've got a massive L AC and I've stuck a 14 in it a few times in classes just to prove you can start IVs on yourself.  It's much easier in the feet though so you can use both hands.

I've got a medic friend with no gag reflex who I've seen intubate himself a few times; that's always entertaining.
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2012 at 2:27am
Stealth I require more of your pictures. Submit them to me now. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic