Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

puget sound/olympia national/seattle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: puget sound/olympia national/seattle
    Posted: 24 May 2012 at 2:13pm
This is going to be home for the next month +.

What are must dos? I think I'm staying in silverdale.
saving the world, one warship at a time.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 2:22pm
If you like the outdoors, you'll love it up that way. Abso-freaking-lutely beautiful.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 2:39pm
That's what I'm hoping. Looking to pick up a new camera this weekend and a backpack when I get out there.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 3:02pm
Traffic in Seattle is terrible.

Not, "it gets pretty bad at rush hour" terrible, but "block off a couple hours to drive more than miles on the interstate" terrible.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Not, "it gets pretty bad at rush hour" terrible, but "block off a couple hours to drive more than miles on the interstate" terrible.

You sire, have obviously not spent much time in the DC Metro area.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

You sire, have obviously not spent much time in the DC Metro area.

Not a lot of driving time, no. However, Seattle-to-Tacoma is so bad it's more like a parking lot.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
choopie911 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 6:17pm
Seattle is a good time, Capital Hill has a fair amount of cool stuff to check out, since it's the lower rent, more unique area. For good, real italian pizza head to Via Tribunali. Oddfellows is also on Capital Hill and has some good stuff. I've also had a good time at Elysian Brewing Company, also in the area.

For more downtown area, Vons and Pike Place Pub are worthwhile, at Vons you can get a litre of beer for $12, which is nice and German if you ask me.

If you're into design or architecture at all, Peter Miller Bookstore on 1st ave is fantastic. He's a really nice guy and his selection of books and objects is phenomenal. If you're feeling french, La Pichette is across the street and is a good pretty authentic parisian place.

Further to Architecture, their Library is pretty striking, designed by OMA. I love the building, and have had to study/ teach it several times a year, but not everyone is as much of a fan. The Chapel of St. Ignatius near the university is also gorgeous (inside), designed by Steven Holl.

I'm always there for school, so I havent explored too much on my own. If you're interested, the Olympic Sculpture Park is a nice change of pace from the car-dominated city, and leads right into Myrtle Edwards park if you feel like a walk along the water.
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 11:32pm
Let me know when you are around, I live 25 min outside of Seattle. I'm not much of a tour-guide per se, but always down to grab a beer after work. Choop named some great places, and if you are in to the Indy/Hipster scene Capital Hill/Pikes Place Market is great. Lots of local artists and food including the original Starbucks location (woopedy-freakin'-do) and enough wool-cap wearing hipster to shake a wood-carved stick at. 
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 7:08pm
that all sounds fun. definitely going to stay busy this month. i will be sure to hit you up.
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 8:31pm
When I was there a couple summers ago we did some sea kayaking in the San Juan island area, lovely stuff.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2012 at 8:14pm

Like a boss
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2012 at 11:34pm
So, highlights?
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 8:18am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

So, highlights?

Or what Choopie really means is  what women did you meet this time and story time if they are hot and crazy.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 2:57pm
meh, not looking...

got to play in the snow on june 1st. saw star fish as wide as my chest and watched a guy sell crack on a street corner (wanted to take a pic but didnt want to die...)
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by merc merc wrote:

watched a guy sell crack on a street corner (wanted to take a pic but didnt want to die...)

mehs....I can see that anytime I want in the Bronx or Bellport.....
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

watched a guy sell crack on a street corner (wanted to take a pic but didnt want to die...)

Come take a bus from my place to downtown, you have to go straight through the downtown east side, the poorest neighbourhood in Canada.
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 11:01pm
What side of the water are they keeping you on? I got your PM but finally came across a couple of days off. Gotta take care of a few things but let me know if you are in Seattle on 6/6-6/7
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2012 at 7:54am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Come take a bus from my place to downtown, you have to go straight through the downtown east side, the poorest neighbourhood in Canada.

LOL
Two blocks from my home or if you want to see a pot deal, across the street 3 houses east. 
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

evillepaintball View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2012 at 9:58am
Have you had a chance to check out the giant ant hills yet?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2012 at 10:04am
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

Have you had a chance to check out the giant ant hills yet?

Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic