Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I hate Mayor Mike....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2012 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

Well, when parents can't take care of their children, the state steps in and takes the children away.  There are way too many fat kids for the state to handle, so they have to deal with bad parents in ways like this.  I see where they are coming from, but I think it would make more sense for them to ban the large drinks for kids, rather than everyone.  

It is not just kids they are targeting with this law, adults as well. 
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2012 at 2:17pm

Well, when parents can't take care of their children, the state steps in and takes the children away.  There are way too many fat kids for the state to handle, so they have to deal with bad parents in ways like this.  I see where they are coming from, but I think it would make more sense for them to ban the large drinks for kids, rather than everyone.  

I'm going to go ahead and facepalm this.

?

evillepaintball View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2012 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

It is not just kids they are targeting with this law, adults as well. 

Yeah roger.  I suppose I should elaborate.  I'm cool with them banning it for kids.  Adults is a bit too far.  
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2012 at 2:45pm

The idiotic part of the whole thing is that the fat people will just order two instead of one... Moreover it won't stop the people who dine in to get refills.

It's VERY poorly thought out.
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Truly a shining example to you all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2012 at 3:52pm
Ok obesity is a problem almost anywhere in the developed world. Now the argument in the UK for these kind of ideas is that it costs our NHS billions to treat the huskier gentlemen.  I'm not sure how it works in the US but I would imagine that if the majority of healthcare is paid for privately, which is my baseless assumption. Then where does the state figure they have to stick their oar in?

I say this as a UK resident and we have been facing all this kind of thing for a while and it is always difficult to argue against it when the public money is being used for the healthcare system. Supersize meals at Mcdonalds are a thing of the past, and a deck of smokes has doubled in price in the last 5 years. Any promotional deals on alcohol are now banned in Scotland and they've just passed a bill for minimum pricing on alcohol to IIRC 50p/unit.

It's a bit weird because they only seem to attack the big chains, your local chippy will still deep fry anything they can get their hands on without any issues and other takeaways use the cheapest crap ingredients to make things that would still eventually kill you even if they used better/healthier ingredients but Mcdonalds and KFC still seem to have this awful stigma for being bad for you.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2012 at 3:53pm
This is what liberals do... They tell YOU how to live, while Bloomberg who is a big wine drinker, doesn't change the rules on HIMSELF and his wine... I bet he hasn't drank a pop in years. 

Even though his wine has the same amount of sugar. 

Did you hear that in NJ they are now going to give you a $1,000 ticket if your dog/cat isn't seatbelted in your car...

Freedom, 

ehh.

They tremble at my name...
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 1:15am
The thing is people have proved they aren't responsible enough to NOT do it.

Over 25% of the States would benefit from imposed eating laws. Over $150 Billion in heath care for fat asses would be saved.....

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 1:12pm
I'd be fine with the government taking an active role in regulating the weight of its people. I'd get a tax break for all my working out.

This is ridiculously stupid though. It's like banning .38 specials in an attempt to stop crime.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

This is ridiculously stupid though. It's like banning .38 specials in an attempt to stop crime.

What in hell is wrong with you? Don't give them any ideas.
?

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Megalomania Mike is a member of Mayors Against Illegal Guns.   And has been rumored to send people to pull a straw purchase in other states to "show how easy it is to get guns".
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 1:58pm
I might be ok with a "luxury tax" for sugared drinks over 20 oz. However, it would have to be tightly controlled and non-sweetened teas and diet sodas would have to be exempt.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 2:24pm

In Canada they prohibited .22 handguns.

Actually. They pretty much banned everything.

Edited by Rofl_Mao - 05 June 2012 at 2:31pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

In Canada they prohibited .22 handguns.

Actually. They pretty much banned everything.

Hey!  I did not see Bushmaster, RRA or Olympis arms!  There is still hope for you!
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 3:06pm
Don't like the laws, vote.

If all else fails, move.

Can't move, ask for a benzo prescription.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Voted 2010 Most Improved horse fondler.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

The thing is people have proved they aren't responsible enough to NOT do it.

Over 25% of the States would benefit from imposed eating laws. Over $150 Billion in heath care for fat asses would be saved.....

KBK
And if we didn't live in a free country (lol), that would be a good reason. It's not the governments job to tell me how to live.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President

RIP T&O Forum
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 4:38pm
That is not a good answer for a 140 BILLION Dollar problem. And it is a crappy example. In your " free country" there are plenty of things you cant do that the goverment controls for your benifit. Pretty much any law actually.........

Enforced guidelines arw already in place for other food additives. I dont see a problem with this. I do agree it is a little silly, but next you'll be arguing agsinst laws prohibiting asbestos.
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Voted 2010 Most Improved horse fondler.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

That is not a good answer for a 140 BILLION Dollar problem. And it is a crappy example. In your " free country" there are plenty of things you cant do that the goverment controls for your benifit. Pretty much any law actually.........

Enforced guidelines arw already in place for other food additives. I dont see a problem with this. I do agree it is a little silly, but next you'll be arguing agsinst laws prohibiting asbestos.
I'm not trying to argue semantics and specific legislation, I'm hardly a lawyer. My statement was more so based on principle. How free do you really consider your country to be if you are legally banned from buying a large soda?

If we have proven ourselves incapable of choosing our own diets, we are hardly capable of choosing our government representatives.

Edited by __sneaky__ - 05 June 2012 at 7:11pm
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President

RIP T&O Forum
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Hey!  I did not see Bushmaster, RRA or Olympis arms!  There is still hope for you!

Hah! Nice! Now all I need a restricted license on top of a PAL plus 3 grand and I'm all set!

Too bad its only legal with a 5 round mag.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 11:01pm
What about bans on soda in public schools? 
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

Then where does the state figure they have to stick their oar in?

We have government-sanctioned healthcare for the poor, those with disabilities, and the elderly. Interestingly enough, there is a correlation between both obesity and obesity related illnesses and socio-economic status. 

Note, my opinion on the NYC drink size limit is still not really settled one way or another. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic