Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 Phenom XM8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel_151 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7 Phenom XM8
    Posted: 19 June 2012 at 1:52am
Could Tippmann please make a XM8 marker kit for the X7 Phenom?  Please!!!  I really want one if no can I get it custom made?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 2:14am
Please only post questions in one section of the forum.
Angel_151 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel_151 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 9:10am
Sorry
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 10:10am

Engler custom paintball could probably make it for you.

Search for the member thompsonshooter to see his work.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 10:41am
Search Ebay, PBN or other paintball sites for a used SP8 by Smart Parts. Designed after the XM8.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 12:34pm
There was another marker designed to look like the XM8 and I'm having trouble remembering it.  When I do a search all that comes up is the SP-8 and airsoft stuff.  All I can remember is it was made of metal and designed so the firing mechanism could be removed and replaced with a modular "engine" capable of full-auto which was to be produced later.  I don't know if the actual marker ever made it to market but I know it was gone before the full-auto mod came out.

Edit:  It was the MKX8 from Blackpoint Engineering which I think is associated with JCS.  Only a few were made and it is out of production.

Edited by Mack - 19 June 2012 at 12:46pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 12:58pm
Only reviews I see are from 05, so yeah that was before my time. Sounds like a real collectors item if anyone has one.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Only reviews I see are from 05, so yeah that was before my time. Sounds like a real collectors item if anyone has one.

I may be getting senile . . . but I know an age crack when I see one.  Smile
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 2:29pm
Not at all. I didnt start playing until 07/08.
Angel_151 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel_151 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 2:51pm
I have already asked  Engler Custom Paintball to do it but they can't  The only why right now to make one is too use airsoft parts which I don't want to use.  I don't want plastic parts.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Angel_151 Angel_151 wrote:

I have already asked  Engler Custom Paintball to do it but they can't  The only why right now to make one is too use airsoft parts which I don't want to use.  I don't want plastic parts.
Good luck with that. You'll find that a lot of shrouds/body kits are made from resin or plastic. The metal ones are ungodly heavy.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Good luck with that. You'll find that a lot of shrouds/body kits are made from resin or plastic. The metal ones are ungodly heavy.

and expensive.  The parts would have to be cut and formed.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Angel_151 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel_151 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 3:25pm
yeah I know finding metal XM8's is hard and I might have to forget about :(
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 3:29pm

Or be creative, go to some plastic fabrication/hobby websites and try to make one for your self.  There are alot of home shop fabricators/hobby enthusiasts that are willing to share the knowledge of how to make one yourself. 
You could try asking your question here as well, it is a website for A5's but people are very creative and knowledgeable and may be able to help you.

http://www.a5og.net/forum.php
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Angel_151 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel_151 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 3:35pm
I'll see what I can do.  But I just wish they could make a marker kit.  Does anyone know of any more places that make custom markers? 
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 3:39pm

Even real XM8's arent metal:

Originally posted by Wiki Wiki wrote:

The materials used to build the XM8 are almost entirely composites — with the notable exception of the cold hammer forged steel barrel.

So using plastic would actually be more realistic than metal.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 19 June 2012 at 3:40pm
Angel_151 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel_151 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 3:56pm
I guess your right  I will look into this more.  Thanks
Angel_151 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel_151 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 4:17pm
I have an idea, what if I bought a Smart Parts Stealth Barrel kit and Stock then got them modded to fit on the X7 Phenom? 
relgycandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relgycandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2013 at 9:34pm
PBN or other paintball sites for a used SP8 by Smart Parts. Designed after the XM8.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic