Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alpha Black not working!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvansUSAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alpha Black not working!!!!
    Posted: 18 August 2012 at 11:43am
Just bought the Alpha black E-trigger a week ago and it already has two problems.

Problem 1
When I shot, the gun doesn't cock automaticly  (meaning I have to pull it it back everytime) after I shoot a couple of shots then its all good. After 10 secs I stopped shooting it does it again.

Problem 2
At the end of the day, The gun wouldn't fire anymore. The Air wouldn't go through I guess. I would disconnect the gun from the remote line and plug it back in. That didn't help at all. I screwed the tank directly on the gun, No success.

I am kind of desperate for help. I am stationed in Germany ( Dad is in the Air Force) and there are no Paintball shops near by.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 12:33pm
Have you tried to replace the battery?  Is the tank full? Have you field stripped it recently?

Edited by Ceesman762 - 18 August 2012 at 12:33pm
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2012 at 11:02am
When was the last time you Oiled your Marker?

have you followed the instructions in the manual?
EvansUSAF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvansUSAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2012 at 12:42pm
Yup,I oiled it right before we started playing and I followed the instruction manual.
EvansUSAF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvansUSAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2012 at 12:44pm

Yup, I replaced the battery, the tank was full, and yes I field stripped it.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2012 at 12:53pm
Have you tried a different tank on it? Sometimes you'll get a tank with a bad/touchy pin-valve that doesn't like to play nice with the ASA or Remote line. We had an issue with that back in the early 2000's when I was working as a tech.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
EvansUSAF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvansUSAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2012 at 1:02pm
Did that too. I tried three different Tanks.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2012 at 8:58am
I'm not as familiar with the alpha black series as I am with the older markers (98's etc) but the only other thing I can think of is that something is preventing the blowback gasses from escaping the rear of the valve, or causing the hammer to stick.

When you pull back on the charging handle, does the hammer move back freely? Or does it feel like it sticks at the beginning of its rearward motion? Also, how far have you broken the marker down? Just a simple field strip? Or have you taken it down to the valve?
EvansUSAF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvansUSAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 2:32am
It does kind of stick at the beginning when I Cock it. And I only did Field Strips basicly.
TippmannEmployee1 View Drop Down
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Tippmann Sports Staff / Marker Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 5:53pm
If you took it apart, make sure you have the ball detent facing the correct direction.  It's easy to put them in backwards.  Check this video out & make sure everything is in the correct place.  http://youtu.be/qx6Czf5Z3zM 
EvansUSAF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvansUSAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2012 at 3:01pm
Well we solved problem one with the Detent hopefully but Problem 2 is still there. Thank you so far
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2012 at 8:13pm
Are you certain you still have a full tank of CO2 at the end of the day? I know it sounds silly, but you wouldn't believe the number of people that wound up bringing markers to me saying they wouldn't fire when there simply wasn't any CO2 left in the tank.

EvansUSAF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvansUSAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2012 at 10:45am
Oh there was plenty of Air left, When I unscrewed the tank the air hissed out
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2012 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by EvansUSAF EvansUSAF wrote:

Oh there was plenty of Air left, When I unscrewed the tank the air hissed out

A hiss doesn't necessarily mean that the CO2/HPA is at the operating pressure necessary for the marker to operate. You need ~800psi for a marker to fire at full strength, once you drop below 600psi, you're essentially dead in the water.

How many shots would you say you fired over the course of your day playing? Also, what size CO2 tank were you using?
EvansUSAF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvansUSAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2012 at 5:53pm
I wasted a bag, so 500 rounds basicly.
TippmannEmployee1 View Drop Down
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Tippmann Sports Staff / Marker Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2012 at 4:40pm
One other thing to check.  Make sure you back off the knob on your remote a 1/2 turn to make sure you are not blocking the air flow with the on/off pin. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic