Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I guess Forbes is part of the librul meedyuh

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I guess Forbes is part of the librul meedyuh
    Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:49pm
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2012 at 8:53pm
So this article is saying. Whether Democrat, or Republican. We have never had a fiscal conservative in office? Say it isn't so.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:17pm
Not that he may not be right, but... 

"Rick Ungar, Contributor

Writing from the left on politics and policy."

Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:25pm
SOMEONE will overlook this point:

Originally posted by Article Article wrote:

No doubt, many will wish to give the credit to the efforts of the GOP controlled House of Representatives. That’s fine if that’s what works for you.

However, you don’t get to have it both ways.

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 9:36pm

Dear God the spam filter is killing my ability to get a proper response written up

Let's try this again-this article isn't surprising to me. I find that the differences between Dems and 'Publicans is less who spends the most and more who spends what where. Both parties are traditionally big spenders. Democrats and Republicans = two sides to the same coin whereas libertarian philosophy = a completely different coin altogether.

It's the libertarian philosophy that has influenced the tea party movement and it's from their viewpoint that Obama is painted as a big spending communist. To be truly fair they'd paint Romney in the same light but they need the Republicans to remain in power so that their parasitic take over can have some form of reaching effect.

Edited by stratoaxe - 06 September 2012 at 9:37pm
jmac3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:00pm
You sound like Jeff Daniels in Newsroom with your disdain for the tea party.
Que pasa?

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:20pm
A lot of conservatives/tea partiers/libertarians expressed disdain towards Romney, myself included. However, what do you want them to do when there is no viable alternative? Seems like a cheap shot at a decent chunk of the political right, no matter whether you agree with them or not.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

A lot of conservatives/tea partiers/libertarians expressed disdain towards Romney, myself included. However, what do you want them to do when there is no viable alternative? Seems like a cheap shot at a decent chunk of the political right, no matter whether you agree with them or not.

It's not a shot at all, it's an observation.

I also don't have any disdain for the tea party-but they don't belong in the Republican party. That's not a positive or negative statement, but again, an observation.

As far as Romney, I can fully understand why conservatives wouldn't support him. My point is that the criticisms being leveled at Obama can be equally applied to Romney and that many of them are actually working to self incriminate the right.

The tea party is a huge problem for moderate Republicans. It's not that I feel any negativity or dislike for them it's that I feel like they're attempting to change the party from the inside. Look at Ron Paul as an example-he's not a tea partner but his policies are alien to the Republican platform. It would make more sense for Obama to run as a Republican than Ron Paul. But rather than acknowledge the minority nature of his platform his followers choose to undermine the integrity of the Republican party that they're running under.

This inward fighting has really torn apart the stability for the right. Their key players are arguing amongst themselves and then attempting to sell a candidate they despise to others.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

It's not a shot at all, it's an observation.

I also don't have any disdain for the tea party-but they don't belong in the Republican party. That's not a positive or negative statement, but again, an observation.

As far as Romney, I can fully understand why conservatives wouldn't support him. My point is that the criticisms being leveled at Obama can be equally applied to Romney and that many of them are actually working to self incriminate the right.

The tea party is a huge problem for moderate Republicans. It's not that I feel any negativity or dislike for them it's that I feel like they're attempting to change the party from the inside. Look at Ron Paul as an example-he's not a tea partner but his policies are alien to the Republican platform. It would make more sense for Obama to run as a Republican than Ron Paul. But rather than acknowledge the minority nature of his platform his followers choose to undermine the integrity of the Republican party that they're running under.

This inward fighting has really torn apart the stability for the right. Their key players are arguing amongst themselves and then attempting to sell a candidate they despise to others.

In the sense that the end goals to win, I agree.

I don't, however, agree that SHOULD be the end game. If it takes a tear down from the inside of the republican party to make a conservative platform a viable option in the two party system, then I'm all for it.

I've said in the past that I'm not positive 4 more years of Obama and then a shot at a more conservative candidate isn't in the better interest of our country than 8 years of a RINO like Romney.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic