Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Phenom with leakage problem when it shoots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samaggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phenom with leakage problem when it shoots
    Posted: 10 September 2012 at 5:31pm
Hello, first excuse my English, I have a Phenom and a small problem with this, when I give it 1 shot starts to leak air nonstop, I have to remove the cylinder HPA and then put back, but even doing this when I come back to shoot him back with the same problem, someone has a help?

I already checked all ORing and apparently all is OK.

Edited by Samaggy - 10 September 2012 at 5:32pm
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2012 at 9:48am
It sounds like a bad seal somewhere inside the marker. With a piece as relatively new as the Phenom, I'd get a hold of Tippmann as soon as possible. Their customer service is second to none, and they'll take care of you quicker than you can imagine.

The first thing I suppose you COULD do is an old trick, put a few drops of oil into where your tank screws in and try to cycle the marker a few times. trying to get everything lubricated up inside. But I'd almost certainly get a hold of Tippmann for it.
?

Samaggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samaggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2012 at 9:52am
So the biggest problem is I was in Brazil where we have a representative from Tippmann here, and this is what else bothers because Paintball grows but does not have the support of international companies. Generally we try to solve the problems by ourselves.
TippmannEmployee1 View Drop Down
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Tippmann Sports Staff / Marker Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

It sounds like a bad seal somewhere inside the marker. With a piece as relatively new as the Phenom, I'd get a hold of Tippmann as soon as possible. Their customer service is second to none, and they'll take care of you quicker than you can imagine.

The first thing I suppose you COULD do is an old trick, put a few drops of oil into where your tank screws in and try to cycle the marker a few times. trying to get everything lubricated up inside. But I'd almost certainly get a hold of Tippmann for it.

If it the marker holds pressure when the tank is screwed in & then it leaks when fired, then I would think that the o-ring that is on the inner diameter of the Flexvalve body that the spool rides on is faulty. To fix it send it in to a Tippmann repair center. Or you can do it yourself but it will require the whole Flexvalve to be disassembled.   The o-ring is located on the front side or the Flexvalve.  Once the powertube & all the internals are removed you will be able to see it.  The part number for the o-ring is TA30050.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by TippmannEmployee1 TippmannEmployee1 wrote:

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

If it the marker holds pressure when the tank is screwed in & then it leaks when fired, then I would think that the o-ring that is on the inner diameter of the Flexvalve body that the spool rides on is faulty. To fix it send it in to a Tippmann repair center. Or you can do it yourself but it will require the whole Flexvalve to be disassembled.   The o-ring is located on the front side or the Flexvalve.  Once the powertube & all the internals are removed you will be able to see it.  The part number for the o-ring is TA30050.

You're useful to have around you know that? LOL
I'm not familiar enough with the breakdown of the flex-valve to have recommended it first- which is why I suggested contacting you guys ASAP.
?

Samaggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samaggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 9:43pm
I'll try to service tomorrow night, and once you have a position I post here, if it was successful or not.

Thanks for now.Smile

Edited by Samaggy - 12 September 2012 at 9:44pm
Samaggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samaggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 4:55pm
Hello again, well after replacing all the o'rings flexvalve continues with the same leak, did complete lubrication, the O-ring used were the Tippmann X7 Phenom Repair Kit Deluxe, and the first thing I changed was mentioned, and continued to leak, so I decided to replace the O-ring too well. Finally caught a Flexvalve a Phenom from a friend, I opened and checked flexvalve be all alike, without a scratch, mark or crack, guess I'll have to buy another Flexvalve, though she had only 5 months of use.Ouch
TippmannEmployee1 View Drop Down
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Tippmann Sports Staff / Marker Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 9:46am
Your Phenom has a 2 year warranty.  Contact our service department for details on getting your marker serviced.  Call 800 533-4831 & follow the prompts.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic