Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DeTrevni's Latest 'Cocker Build: The Start Point

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DeTrevni's Latest 'Cocker Build: The Start Point
    Posted: 24 September 2012 at 6:27pm
Just bought this on eBay. I fell in love with the anodizing, and had to have it, to the point where I overpaid CONSIDERABLY for it. Bleh. I needed it...

I suspect it's the remnants of a 1995 (according to the serial number) BPS Express kit, which usually includes a matching frame. Personally, I'm glad the frame isn't included. That would be TOO MUCH splash in my opinion. I think either chrome/nickel or gloss black frame and pneumatics will accent this marker nicely. I'll probably go black. I think chrome/nickel would look better, but I hate chrome flaking, and there's a wider variety of parts in black. Matte silver may look good as well, but I'll have to see how the silver splash looks in person before I make any decisions. 

Anyway:

Edited by DeTrevni - 24 September 2012 at 6:28pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2012 at 9:44pm
Wow, that's gorgeous.  I'm currently running a splashed Classic 'Mag myself... so yeah, splash is fantastic.  I would also overpay for that.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 12:24pm

Love the ano. Not crazy about rightfeeds, but... Ano looks to be in amazing condition. I troll around that guys site every once in awhile. PB funds are in the negative right now or I would be trying to build a mech to go alongside my pump.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
NYer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2012 at 9:48am
I almost always think the nickel frames are the only nice looking ones, however black would be equally acceptable in this case. (rare that I feel that way)

My $0.02

edward d'andrea
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2012 at 1:45pm
Yomillio: Thank you sir. I hope the project turns out well.

OPBN: I used to feel the same way, but I'm starting to feel the side-feed era autocockers are just more "pure." I don't know. Maybe I'm just goofy. :)

NYer: I tend to agree, especially on older guns such as this, but for some strange reason, I have an aversion to chrome/nickel plating. I've got some black pneumatics, as well as chrome, kicking about, so I'll mock it up with both before I start buying specific parts. I'm also considering silver, but silver slider frames are few and far between.

Edited by DeTrevni - 27 September 2012 at 1:47pm

Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2012 at 5:55pm
I had a right-feed sniper for a while; the orientation definitely grew on me once I had it.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2012 at 7:37pm
Sniper's should only be right feed.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2012 at 9:55pm
I just hate the look of elbows. One more thing to break and ruin my day.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2012 at 7:18am
APP Atomic Elbow with hose clamps. Old school look, and if you break THAT, you have no business with a paintball gun. Plus, APP will just send another one. It's what will be going on this marker.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2012 at 10:14am
^^^ That . . . and I have a couple of those around here someplace . . . I need to find them for a project I'm messing with.
stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2012 at 10:18am
so is the gauge attached to the front block or just sitting there?

also lurked around that site for 5min and want to build a cocker now.
my wallet does not thank you.

Edited by stick_boy_2002 - 28 September 2012 at 10:23am
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2012 at 10:39am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

APP Atomic Elbow with hose clamps. Old school look, and if you break THAT, you have no business with a paintball gun. Plus, APP will just send another one. It's what will be going on this marker.
I actually ended up buying some of the ones from PTP a few years back for my Mags and ended up for the most part swapping them all out for verts. It definitely gives an old school feel.

Seriously, love the ano. Didnt realize anyone really ever produced something like that from the factory.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2012 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by stick_boy_2002 stick_boy_2002 wrote:

so is the gauge attached to the front block or just sitting there?

also lurked around that site for 5min and want to build a cocker now.
my wallet does not thank you.

Yeah, but I'm gonna take off the elbow to have it more tucked in. I want to keep the gauge on there to monitor potential reg creep. Regs functioning at 100% is the key to a shooting autococker.

Edited by DeTrevni - 28 September 2012 at 7:36pm

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 7:18pm
Got the body in. It's a bit rough from the ages, but the ano is gorgeous. It's all the predictable stuff: pump-arm wear, scratches around the lug adjustment hole (drilled after the ano), nicks and dings around the edges...

Not bad considering it's 17 years old.

I am, however, disappointed with the fellow I purchased it from. It's not enough to warrant negative feedback, but I'm not sure I'll deal with him again in the future. The price was very high, and all the parts were shipped dirty. Also, while each of the components were bubble-wrapped very well, the packaging was, well, it was an envelope.

Edited by DeTrevni - 03 October 2012 at 7:21pm

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic