Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Phenom Air drop off issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phenom Air drop off issue
    Posted: 02 October 2012 at 8:34pm
So i am shooting my mechanical Phenom and onceI lay into it trying to shoot fast I get an air drop off. Meaning the first 2-3 shoots are fine and the next few are shooting 5 feet out of the barrel in front if me. Its been cleaned greased etc, but I am still having the same issue.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 8:39pm
Okay, first question, are you running a remote? Second question, are you using CO2 or HPA?
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Akashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 8:51pm
I do run remote and hpa, but when the issue occur i had the tank directly on the gun
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 6:14am
Originally posted by Akashi Akashi wrote:

I do run remote and hpa, but when the issue occur i had the tank directly on the gun

Okay, do you know if your HPA tank is a high pressure output tank or a low pressure output tank?

Secondly, have you had the marker disassembled yet? If so, did you lube the o-rings for the flex-valve with Tippmann gun grease or dow-33? Or did you use regular marker oil?

Sorry for all the questions, but differential diagnosis online is a bit tough sometimes.

If it was with the remote line, I'd have guessed that there was a blockage issue with the on/off on the remote and would have had you turn the on/off all the way on and then back it off 1/4 to 1/2 turn. But since it's not, we have to look at the tank's output pressure, the flex valve, and potentially, the recharge rate. I'll pull the mech phenom I have out of storage and go over it with a fine tooth comb to see if I can't figure out what it could be if we don't get this figured out by this afternoon.
Akashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 10:05am
The HPA tank is a 88/4500, not sure what the output is. I used the grease that came with the marker when I tore it down after the issue. IT was late and dark so I will fire it again once I get off work today.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 11:28am
Drop-off like you're experiencing is usually related to a regulator or valve not recharging quickly. I'd try the tank on a different marker and see how it does. If you see drop-off, we know it's the tank, if not, then it's the marker. As I said, I'll open up the mech phenom I have at the house tonight and see if I can't find some areas where it might be affecting the recharge rate.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic