Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oh lord, what have I done....(updated first post!)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh lord, what have I done....(updated first post!)
    Posted: 08 October 2012 at 9:00pm
I thought I could resist. I thought I could be happy with my various paintball markers in my collect. The Mini for the main, the FT-12 for the back-up and the DM3'ed E-Bolt for the sleeper effect, but there was a hole in my soul from when I sold my original Black Magic, and it had to be filled.

So I filled it with this:

$202 out of somewhere in British Columbia. Original barrel, you don't see those that often. I think I'm going to actually work backwards on this one and go for a gloss-black .45 slider frame and get some chrome pneus and just go old-school with it.

Restored:

Even stock, she shoots wicked good.

Edited by tallen702 - 26 January 2013 at 7:44pm
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 1:33pm
Nice. Been thinking about turning the sniper I built a couple of months ago into a mech.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2013 at 10:30pm
Needs more CCM
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2013 at 8:21am
Originally posted by Ace_Of_Spades Ace_Of_Spades wrote:

Needs more CCM

Hah! That reminds me, I need to take a pic of the "after" shots. Restored it to stock and boy oh boy does she sure shoot pretty!
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2013 at 1:13pm
Wait, you replaced a Hollowpoint 3-way and an FGP LPR with stock WGP? Uhhh.....
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2013 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Wait, you replaced a Hollowpoint 3-way and an FGP LPR with stock WGP? Uhhh.....

You want it? $5 shipped it's yours

NB4 "No selling on the Tippmann forum!"

And yes. It's very hard to find a stock BM anymore.
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2013 at 10:24pm
MOAR CCM!Angry
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2013 at 6:40pm
Sexy, Tallen.  I want a nice cocker.  I know nothing about them, but I'm going to learn about them, best way is to get one, and I want a nice one, any suggestions?
Imagine there’s a picture of your favourite thing here.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2013 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck JohnnyCanuck wrote:

Sexy, Tallen.  I want a nice cocker.  I know nothing about them, but I'm going to learn about them, best way is to get one, and I want a nice one, any suggestions?

Anything post 2K with whatever body style and colors you want. They're essentially like AR15's. TONS of accessories and parts, but the workings are pretty much the same. Some are more desirable and more expensive, but they all use the same stuff.

You can go as cheap or expensive as you want.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 12:13am
I'm actually working on downsizing my collection right now but one of the two things I would consider getting to take the collection size in the wrong direction would be a simple, basic mechanical 'cocker.
stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck JohnnyCanuck wrote:

Anything post 2K with whatever body style and colors you want. They're essentially like AR15's. TONS of accessories and parts, but the workings are pretty much the same. Some are more desirable and more expensive, but they all use the same stuff.

You can go as cheap or expensive as you want.

or accidently hit bid on ebay, and start hacking and slashing.

on a side note, I might just give up a left part of my anatomy for a vertebrate cocker.

Edited by stick_boy_2002 - 30 January 2013 at 9:00pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 9:04am
Originally posted by stick_boy_2002 stick_boy_2002 wrote:

or accidently hit bid on ebay, and start hacking and slashing.

on a side note, I might just give up a left part of my anatomy for a vertebrate cocker.

I'm sorry, but the vertebrate is the ugliest production mill job I've ever seen in my life.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 9:36am
Strange. I have a Vertebrate lying around...

Stranger still that I disgree with Tallen. The Vertebrate is one of my favorite WGP bodies.

Edited by DeTrevni - 31 January 2013 at 9:38am

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 11:11am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Strange. I have a Vertebrate lying around...

Stranger still that I disgree with Tallen. The Vertebrate is one of my favorite WGP bodies.

I wouldn't mind them so much if they weren't annoed in godawful contrasting colors.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 11:21am
Hm? Red/blue/purple/green all go quite well with black. Mine's red. :)

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 9:26pm
i have grown to hate the color blue. i have to wear a blue shirt work and am surrounded by people that have the same shirt. purple on the other hand may. or may not. be a new color in my collection.

EDIT: oh god the horror! i just realized pictures on my phone do not look as good as they actually are. its so purple, and theres more chrome that a low rider.

Edited by stick_boy_2002 - 12 February 2013 at 9:31pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 9:50am

i have grown to hate the color blue. i have to wear a blue shirt work and am surrounded by people that have the same shirt. purple on the other hand may. or may not. be a new color in my collection.

EDIT: oh god the horror! i just realized pictures on my phone do not look as good as they actually are. its so purple, and theres more chrome that a low rider.

I still don't understand why you'd ever need anything other than the veture-cocker. I'm STILL envious.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

I still don't understand why you'd ever need anything other than the veture-cocker. I'm STILL envious.
   well in a nut shell. after i created the venture. i went through a semi mid life crisis, and bought a tequila sunrise matrix, and an '05 cyborg.

apparently it has not ended either. im just waiting for a box containing the marker that got the best of me tinkering wise.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic