Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Obama is on Campus today.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Obama is on Campus today.
    Posted: 17 October 2012 at 11:04am
So the big Pres is giving a speech later on today and he has literally shut down campus. I guess the secret service went hog wild with police line which made going to class semi-illegal.

I'll be taking pictures so stay tuned.

Heres a summary of most students walk to class today:

Edited by bravecoward - 17 October 2012 at 11:11am
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 11:08am
It seems redundant to campaign in Athens County. 
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 1:18pm
Biden came through my town earlier in the year. It cut the town in half and made travel impossible for about fifteen minutes both times he passed through. I got some OT out of the deal so not all was lost.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 2:14pm
Obama came through my college town(pop. 30k counting students), for a ten minute stop on his way through. The largest, busiest, arguably most important road in town(and into/out of) was shut down for 4 or 5 hours. I had to walk about 2.5 miles to get home that day.

Not a knock on Obama, it's just wild what they have to do to maintain a secure environment around the POTUS(before he gets out and walks through a crowd).
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Voted 2010 Most Improved horse fondler.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 3:55pm
I for one, blame the media.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President

RIP T&O Forum
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 5:15pm
I for one blame their egos.

Seriously, how many Presidents of the United States have been assassinated?

The odds of it happening are really REALLY low.

And that's what they have Vice Presidents for anyway.

We had the POTUS come to Cape Town a couple of years ago and they did things like weld the manhole covers on the runway shut, and I had an SS guy in the tower watching me, like he knew what I was doing. Even if he was an FAA rated controller, we work ICAO with some registered differences, and he sure as heck didn't know local procedures.

And if I WAS going snuff the presided by trying to crash his plane, I'd probably be prepared to snuff the SS guy in the tower as well.

There was talk of closing down the airport and the airspace completely for him. I don't think so.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Seriously, how many Presidents of the United States have been assassinated?

Four have been assassinated, 15 have had documented assassination attempts made against them. Of those 15, two were eventually assassinated. 

Quote The odds of it happening are really REALLY low.

Odds are relative, but I'd put 34 percent of presidents having an assassination attempt against them pretty high, considering. 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

it's just wild what they have to do to maintain a secure environment around the POTUS(before he gets out and walks through a crowd).

Even for ex-presidents. 

I watched Clinton give a speech at UCF while I was there, and the Secret Service was there a week ahead of time checking positions of trash cans, bathrooms, etc. 
choopie911 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 6:26pm
I think the talk show interview with Obama (I THINK on Conan) was cool how they discussed the difference before/ after becoming president. What it was like going on the show as a candidate vs. going on as a president. President is a huge deal, secret service tells certain people not to come to work, etc
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 6:36pm
Obama swung through the Port Clinton area this past summer. We were at a small waterpark and heard the motorcade fly by on I80. He stopped, gave his speech and than the motorcade came right by the waterpark where we were. So yeah, I got to see Pres Obamas motorcade fly by at 60MPH while I was hanging out next to the pool.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Voted 2010 Most Improved horse fondler.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

I for one blame their egos.
KBK
I was just being sarcastic. Wink
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President

RIP T&O Forum
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 9:17pm
I have always wanted to see/meet a President. Extremely small chance that I will get to see one from anything farther than 800 feet, but still. 

Just for the sake of it, there is a video of Obama ordering at Five Guys. Just made me laugh.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 9:31pm
I got to see Prince Charles and Camilla walk by my face on the street. 10 Years ago I gave the Queen of England a rose.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

I got to see Prince Charles and Camilla walk by my face on the street. 10 Years ago I gave the Queen of England a rose.

Shhh, Canuck, we're talking about important people.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
bravecoward View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 11:36pm
this is really the only good photo I got of him.

Most look like this or this

Heres the crowd leaving  
bravecoward View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 11:37pm
lols thought facebook resized them, guess not. Oh well. No 56k
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 1:46am
Is that a teleprompter in his face? lol
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 2:23am
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

I stopped on the street and spoke with President Mandela. He used to take walks around my school's neighbourhood.

He had one bodyguard with him.

34% isn't very high. It really isn't. With a term of office being 4 years, that isn't even one attempt every 12 years. Throw in the multiple terms and you've gotten an even bigger margin.

When was the last credible attempt at President made? Reagan? 1981. Some of the people on this board weren't even BORN then. Hell I'm willing to bet many of the SS agents currently protecting the POTUS weren't born yet either.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 12:27pm
With Obama being.... Obama, I would not be surprised if there have been some attempts at assassination that have been foiled.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

With Obama being.... Obama, I would not be surprised if there have been some attempts at assassination that have been foiled.

There's been at least one documented situation where a man shot at and hit a window at the White House with a rifle. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic