Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 hammer sticks to the rear!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rotaryguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 hammer sticks to the rear!?
    Posted: 30 October 2012 at 8:54pm
Alright guys so heres the deal. My tippmann A5's bolt/hammer will not go forward upon firing the gun. I have so far replace the sear, guide rod, and put my zero kick hammer in to rule out the stock hammer. It cocks back just fine, but when i pull the trigger nothing happens. The trigger is the E-trigger so it just makes a faint clicking sound, only after hitting the side of the gun with my hand a couple times does the bolt/hammer go forward and the trigger makes its normal clicking sound.  The A5 is the old style A5 with the safe/fire push safety. The gun has worked flawlessly for years and just now out of now where did this during a match. The only other thing i can think is that my trigger is not engaging the sear to release the hammer. Yes i have sanded down the inside of the gun and have lubed the internals and orings. I also replaced my liberty stock with a brand new end cap to rule out that being a possible problem. Any help would be great! 
Tec13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tec13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 12:40am
Just the obvious here, but did you try changing out the batteries? So if you have changed the batteries, take apart the e-grip frame and look at the capacitor (It is Large Cylinder like thing with 2 wires coming out of it wrapped in what looks like plastic wrap.) Look at the opposite end that the wires come out of and there should be a flat metal area... If that area is bulged up it has gone bad. This would cause it to not have enough power to cycle. 
Markers Currently Own: 160
Rotaryguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rotaryguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 3:15pm
I forgot to mention that the stock egrip had gone bad so i have the virtue board in there now. I will check the connectors, but i sure hope this hasnt gone bad since i just bought the board 2 or 3 months ago.  Not uncommon to get a faulty part straight out of the box!
Rotaryguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rotaryguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 3:17pm
oh sorry, to answer your question though. The batteries were switch out when the new board was put in! I will try a fresh battery and let you know
Rotaryguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rotaryguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 2:43am
ok, i replaced the battery. took apart the egrip. checked wires, they looked fine. no bulges. Still nothing. cocks back just fine but will not go forward. 
Tec13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tec13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 11:59am
Humm, if you tried new batteries, and the capacitor is still good... Did you alter the sear spring for anything? (Not the trigger spring) If it was changed and is stiffer than the factory it could be not letting the sear drop fully when the noid presses it... other than that if it is clicking when you press the trigger then it has to be some thing wrong with the board, that is just my opinion. You said if you hit it several times it does go forward so it is not like it can not cycle... it is just that the sear is not dropping far enough to release the rear hammer.
Markers Currently Own: 160
Rotaryguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rotaryguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 12:21pm
I do have a different sear spring in there that is not stock. I will get a new spring and see if that fixes the problem. Last night i took apart my trigger and reinstalled my board, making sure that no wires were in the way. (Since they give a ridiculously long battery wire)  Now the hammer goes forward on its own after pulling the trigger about 8 times on semi auto. So i feel like i am getting there. lol. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic