Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

im so sick of having to work on cars...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: im so sick of having to work on cars...
    Posted: 23 November 2012 at 11:42am
While I truly love tearing down an engine. Coming home and having my vehicle refuse to start the day after I get home is frustrating...

Now toss on the fact my sister decided to tear down a wall then leave for the week so I have to hang drywall, mud and paint half the house. And that I get to fix peoples mistakes at work because apparently no one else can work a plasma cutter or an arc rig.
saving the world, one warship at a time.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 12:04pm
Kinda cut that rant short... I'm tired, hungry and needed a break after the "vacation" I just had...
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 1:19pm
What kind of vehicle?
Kingtiger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 1:34pm
Really? I learned to use a plasma cutter and welding rigs in high school...
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 5:02pm
Olds alero.

Plasma cutters and arc rigs arnt difficult to use once you get a few hours on them but for some reason guys making a lot more money than me can't cut a straight line in the side of a ship.
NYer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 8:11pm
It could be worse you could be working on a volkswagon, or one of the other countless more pain in the ass cars our there.

edward d'andrea
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2012 at 8:10pm
I went to look at a smittybilt rear bumper for my toyota, the guy sold me the whole truck - running - for $200, I'm pumped.
Imagine there’s a picture of your favourite thing here.
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 12:08am
I feel ya on this one, every time I turn around it seems like one of my cars is needing something. I've put a new rear end, tps sensor, cv shaft, and going on my 3rd u joint for the old chevy just in the past 3 months. Not to mention what I need for the rx7 and the scion.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 12:15am
I don't mind turning wrenches. As long as it isn't my daily driver.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 12:15am
My buddy drove an Alero for many years, he loved that car as much as you can.
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 12:16am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

I don't mind turning wrenches. As long as it isn't my daily driver.

I usually don't either but spreading my attention amongst my three vehicles and friends vehicles in my precious spare time tends to ware on me.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 7:56am

Know the feeling. Just got back from Florida picking up a car my mom sold us cheap. Started up and ran fine all the way back and yesterday I go to start it and it acts odd. I think it's protesting the cold.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic