Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Upgraded project salvo chopping issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G36Salvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgraded project salvo chopping issues
    Posted: 24 November 2012 at 5:05pm
So ive done a lot of upgrades to my project salvo in hoping it will shoot better.. so far ive had no luck.. the paintballs i use are the fields but there not bad.. ive also used some tourney balls and still same results, i get maybe 10 clean shots off then the balls start breaking and its just a big mess from there.. below is a list of upgrades i have on the salvo..

- E TRIGGER
- CYCLONE FEED SYSTEM
- POLISHED INTERNALS
- 98 PRO FLATLINE BARRELL
- running hpa

Now i clean/oil the gun/cyclone feed after every time i play and it doesnt seem to help.. whats odd is when i put on this crappy JT electronic hopper i shoot a tad bit better.. like i can almost go a whole hopper without chopping any balls.. it just feels like the cyclone feed no matter what mode im shooting 3
round burst / semj auto / full auto.. its not keeling up with the rotations or something.. the knub hose feed to the hopper is always secure and getting plenty of air.. any suggestions before i give up on the salvo? Also has anyone else experienced an issue with the cyclone feed after upgrsding to an e trigger?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2012 at 6:30pm
What BPS are you firing at?  What is the output pressure of your HPA tank?
G36Salvo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G36Salvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2012 at 9:40pm
I never go over 12 BPS.. and to be safe i set the trigger to semi auto and i still have issues.. the field i play at dont allow over 300fps. Im usually crono around 250 fps.
NYer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2012 at 10:35am
squishy paddles?

edward d'andrea
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2012 at 11:08am
By "output pressure of HPA tank" I meant the air pressure (in PSI) that the tank was putting into the marker, not the velocity you were firing at.

The reason I ask is that mechanical Tippmanns need a minimum pressure of around 850 psi to operate properly. If your tank is only putting out 800 psi or so then you might not have sufficient pressure for the cyclone since you upped your rate of fire.

Additionally, the recharge rate of the tank can be a factor as well. Even if your tank was putting out 900 psi when tested the higher rate of fire could use that pressure faster than the tank can keep the pressure up which can result in decreasing velocity or the cyclone problems you are discussing.

Based on what you've described, there are a few simple things I would try first.

- Check the cyclone internals for damage (damage to the ratchet or the
gears at the base of the feeder axle can cause these symptoms)
- Try a few different tanks to see if you still have the problem (make
sure they are high output tanks)
-- I recommend using a CO2 tank on a hot day; if the problem goes away
     then you will know it was a pressure related issue
- You could also try upgrading to a stronger drive spring; because this
would put more force behind the rear bolt striking the valve, the
valve would stay open longer and release more air which might solve
your problem)

Edited by Mack - 25 November 2012 at 11:44am
G36Salvo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G36Salvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2012 at 2:35pm
Thanks for the advise Mack! Im not sure on the output pressure .. i have a 48cu 3000psi tank. Ill give it another shot with c02 and see how it goes.
hachadwick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachadwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 8:37pm
Any answer to this issue. I have a project salvo and I bought the tipmmann cyclone feeder. I noticed right away that the feeder was allowing two balls into the chamber, leading to one chopping. It seems the grearing is off on the paddles or something. I am awaiting responce from Tippmann and this message board for help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic