Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Got struck by a hit and run drunk driver

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 9:36am
Heard from the insurance company yesterday.  As suspected, the car is a total loss.  They estimated total damage to be $18,000.  After the insurance adjuster went over the options of the car with me she came up with a pay out of $17,646.56.  I still owe $12,205, so after they pay off the bank that holds the lien on the car, I'll get a check cut for the remainder.  I should be getting another call from the insurance company today or tomorrow asking about the bank information so they can get the ball rolling on paying off the loan.  Hopefully, I'll get a check sometime early next week as a result.
I've been searching online for a replacement vehicle and found two nearly identical to the one I had only they are 2012 models.  One is brand new and the other has 8001 miles on it.  The brand new one is eligible for GM incentives like 60 month 0% financing, $1000 EVA and GM family discount.  The only thing left is to haggle on the sticker price on top of the discounts.  I'll have to call the dealership to verify that the above mentioned incentives do apply to that vehicle.

Edited by StormyKnight - 10 January 2013 at 9:36am
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 12:57pm
Well, after a long grueling wait for the insurance company to get me my check, I finally got my new car today.   2013 Malibu 2LT.  Roads were messy after our 'little' stormy last night, so I'll wait on getting some pictures up when the weather clears a little more.  She's a pretty little thing.  Have to get used to the infotainment system.  The bluetooth controls are far different than what I had in the Equinox.  Laters...

Edited by StormyKnight - 29 January 2013 at 4:46pm
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 2:46pm
Cool, enjoy. Avoid hit and run drivers!

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 5:09pm
The drunk had insurance? 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

The drunk had insurance? 
No he didn't.  He was driving his mother's car on a revoked/suspended license.  She HAD insurance.  HAD meaning past tense.  Most insurance companies will void insurance if a driver was DUI/OWI.  My brother has 3 OWI convictions on his record.  While I was living with him, the insurance companies somehow knew it.  Each of my proofs of insurance had his name displayed prominently at the bottom stating that coverage was null and void if he was caught operating any of my vehicles.  I can only imagine this was the same with this guy's mother.  If she lost her insurance, her car is gone for good, unless he threw himself under the bus for her and told authorities that he took the car without her knowledge.  Even then, I don't think that would be good enough.

Anyway, pics of the new ride are posted above.
edward261 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edward261 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

The drunk had insurance? 
No he didn't.  He was driving his mother's car on a revoked/suspended license.  She HAD insurance.  HAD meaning past tense.  Most insurance companies will void insurance if a driver was.  My brother has 3 OWI convictions on his record.  While I was living with him, the insurance companies somehow knew it.  Each of my proofs of insurance had his name displayed prominently at the bottom stating that coverage was null and void if he was caught operating any of my vehicles.  I can only imagine this was the same with this guy's mother.  If she lost her insurance, her car is gone for good, unless he threw himself under the bus for her and told authorities that he took the car without her knowledge.  Even then, I don't think that would be good enough.

Anyway, pics of the new ride are posted above.

Hello,
I also caught by cop. I was drunk and cop caught me. They charge me a fine of $300. I hate cop But thanks to god i already insured myself as a drunk insurance My lawyer pay the bill  i am free to go.....

Edited by edward261 - 09 March 2017 at 7:50am
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by edward261 edward261 wrote:

Hello,
I also caught by cop. I was drunk and cop caught me. They charge me a fine of $300. I hate cop But thanks to god i already insured myself as a drunk insurance My lawyer pay the bill  i am free to go.....

$300 for a drunk driving charge is all it is in Romania? Wow.... Talk about getting off the hook lightly!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 11:38pm
Didn't look at the date and read up to one of my posts thinking this was new. Welp.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by edward261 edward261 wrote:

Hello,
So, what is the fine when you kill somebody while drunk driving in Romania?  $600??  How much of that will your lawyer pay?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic