Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Phenom Breaking Paintballs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kendall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phenom Breaking Paintballs
    Posted: 16 April 2013 at 12:44pm
I'm considering getting myself into a phenom.. But is this a common issue with them? Am I better off with my A5?
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2013 at 4:46pm
Check your Bolt Face. Sometimes there are Burs on the face.

Also if your using a bore kit if you undersize paintballs too much done of the less round ones with a wider midseam will pop. Winter paint isn't the roundest paints, I play magfed so I go over the bags of paints I use. I find that winter balls tend to have a slight watermelon shape.
SiFu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiFu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2013 at 9:37pm
yea my phenom is breaking paint a lot too.. and its like new i just got it about 1 and a half month ago and only went to go play it like 3 times but all three times i been breaking paint no matter what i tried. at first i was using the flatline but then a lot of people say they break paint so i switched to the pathogen barrel kit and i still am breaking paint. im shooting around 270-280 fps with a hpa tank. i have used polar ice pb and midnight pb and is breaking like 1 out of every 8-14 shots.
robertoalmeida View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertoalmeida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2013 at 6:58am
Originally posted by cobra_grinder cobra_grinder wrote:

Where is the paint busting? (in the barrel, cyclone, etc) Does it chop in manual mode? Have you tried different paint? Perhaps the paint is bad. Check for oval shaped paint, bad shells or paint seams. I usually have no issues with my Phenom. I have shot all kinds of paint through it. What FPS are you shooting at? If you have remote line connected, try connecting the tank directly to the marker.
I also use squishy paddles and a barrel kit for paint-to-barrel matching.

The paint on the bolt breaks, changed the original by Bad Karma, and still not resolved, use my phenom with 260 ~ 280 fps CO2 not HPA, I use to use with remote, I'll try to direct connect, is my HPA 48ci 3000 psi, I prei with squishy paddles, the barrell is original ..

Paint used tried: Marballizer Green, Evil, All Star, Dragon Fire, Premium, Empire ..

I thought it was stop the ball, cut in half and nothing ...

cobra_grinder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobra_grinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2013 at 3:42pm
Where is the paint busting? (in the barrel, cyclone, etc) Does it chop in manual mode? Have you tried different paint? Perhaps the paint is bad. Check for oval shaped paint, bad shells or paint seams. I usually have no issues with my Phenom. I have shot all kinds of paint through it. What FPS are you shooting at? If you have remote line connected, try connecting the tank directly to the marker.
I also use squishy paddles and a barrel kit for paint-to-barrel matching.

Edited by cobra_grinder - 21 January 2013 at 3:43pm
robertoalmeida View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertoalmeida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2013 at 2:43pm
Good afternoon friends,

I bought a X7 Phenom, is in trouble for breaking paintballs, already swapped the barrel, I changed my cyclone for flexible padles not know what else to do?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic