Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippman A-5 Response Trigger and Egrip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Filip Velimirovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippman A-5 Response Trigger and Egrip
    Posted: 05 February 2013 at 7:04pm
Hi I am debating about getting a Tippman A-5. What would be easiest to do buy the A-5 with response trigger and install the Egrip or buy the A-5 with Egrip and install the response trigger later? Also would the response trigger alter the shooting switch that you can adjust to make the bullets shoot at different rates? Thanks!
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 8:37pm
Both do the same thing... Faster rates of fire. You only buy one of them, the egrip is a battery powered electric firing grip that has different modes of firing, single, 3 shot burst, full auto, ect. 

The response is a magnetic trigger system that as you put pressure on the trigger, it "kicks" back resetting the trigger making it possible to fire fast without having to "pull" each time. 

Personally I would get an response trigger instead of a egrip as I don't like worrying about having a battery, or a little pin to "turn on" the etrigger. 
They tremble at my name...
Filip Velimirovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Filip Velimirovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 8:50pm
Thanks ALOT! I was looking on Youtube Tippman A-5 ultra response trigger (it popped up) but it was showing you how to build it. After the parts are installed it can shoot around the 25 BMS mark. Is that even allowed for tournaments etc? Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nywKI4PsRiw
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2013 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Both do the same thing... Faster rates of fire. You only buy one of them, the egrip is a battery powered electric firing grip that has different modes of firing, single, 3 shot burst, full auto, ect. 

The response is a magnetic trigger system that as you put pressure on the trigger, it "kicks" back resetting the trigger making it possible to fire fast without having to "pull" each time.

FE, I'm surprised at you.  We disagree on many things but I've never seen you provide incorrect technical information before.  (Who are you and where is the real FE?)  The response trigger is a pneumatically activated piston that resides in the grip and resets the trigger to the forward position after each shot using air pressure redirected from the valve during firing.  It can allow for faster rates of semi-automatic fire and can be adjusted to provide fire that is in effect fully automatic even though it is still technically (based on operation) semi-auto.

Personally I would get an response trigger instead of a egrip as I don't like worrying about having a battery, or a little pin to "turn on" the etrigger. 
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2013 at 10:13pm
Oopsies...

Yeah, what Mack said. 
They tremble at my name...
NOVA8264 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOVA8264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 9:20am
OK, I am a total newbie to paintball and the guns so take it for what it's worth. I have two a5s with response triggers, I also use my older son' s a5 with an older version e-grip(no external select switch) and in my experience with the RT is that it takes a bit more adjusting and experimenting to get that just right trigger pressure to see a "consistent" rapid rate of fire. I am looking to replace one of the RTs with the Hall effect e-grip and see how I fair with it. The upside besides the firing features is no fiddling with the adjustment screw that can get out of adjustment during play( not sure how it does it yet), no air leaks due to loose hose or O rings going bad as well as less components to concern yourself with during strip downs. Again, take it for what it is worth and good luck.
Life is hard,it's even harder if you're stupid.

John Wayne
NOVA8264 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOVA8264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 12:20pm
To be fair, the down side of the e-grip is the price and the trigger can be a little touchy, not to mention a battery evey so often.
Life is hard,it's even harder if you're stupid.

John Wayne
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic