Beau's Last Day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 12:35pm
One thing is for sure OS, you gave him the absolute best life he could have had.  That's the most important thing with pets.

When my parents had to put down the golden retriever when I was up at college... the hardest part was going home after he was gone and expecting him to be there.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 12:09pm
Yesterday was a great day. We went on our pasture walk, Beau all excited, tail waging, gallumpin out in the pasture. This am momma called me to the kennels, Beau is having trouble breathing, did not eat, nor drink, and is wheezing real bad. I hand fed him some really fine torn up beef baloney, he got most of it down, and laddeled some water into him. Took him downstairs and we layed down of futon so I could check his breathing. He laid his head on my arm, looked at me and basically said: "it's time Dad, I'll be waiting for you on the other side of the bridge." Right now he is laying in the sun in the kennel, looking out over the pastures, I wonder what he is thinking at times. Abby is next to him, grooming him, I know she knows as well.

Vet will be here tonight after 8, Beau will go to sleep in the living room as we all watch TV together. Got a lot to do, a good comb out/vacumn for loose hair, bath, nails trimmed, new collar and tags, he will go as a gentleman, as he deserves.

I know a lot of you think I should have put him down awhile ago, consider the past few months hospice care, and the day we had yesterday gallumpin the pasture and talking about things, he has been such a help and inspiration to me with my medical conditions, cancer is so hard on all concerned, to me said it was worth it. We have the urn already, he will go on the fireplace mantel till I go and we will share the final resting place together. Samantha, Beauregard, Duke, and Abygail(Abby). I will need to go to Kansas and have a talk with old Beau at that rest area along I-70, as well before I go. Time is a cruel enemy, things change, I just looked at the disc with all the old pics of the adventures of Beau and Dad, as well as all the other troops. A few smiles mixed with the tears, it is so hard.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic