Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

not getting air to my cyclone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazzytom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: not getting air to my cyclone
    Posted: 20 March 2013 at 7:35pm
Cry Hi all,
I just got my first tippmann second hand (an a5 with h.e grip) and i installed a cyclone upgrade kit to it and it cycles by hand fine but wont run during normal fire. I have had it apart several times thinking it was something wrong with the cyclone but everything looked ok so i checked to see if i was getting air to the cyclone and i am not. i can blow air thru the banjos and line...but i'm scratching my head how i can not be getting air. is it a powertube problem, i'm not sure what the power tube does but any help would be greatly appreciated
crazzytom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazzytom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 12:56pm
Could it be my receiver o-ring between the power tube and the housing?
TippmannEmployee1 View Drop Down
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Tippmann Sports Staff / Marker Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 5:55pm
Check and see if there is air coming through the Cyclone Feed hose by disconnecting it from the banjo fitting & firing the marker.  

If there is good blast of air then the problem might be the Cyclone Feed.

If there isn't  then check the following
  1. Is there an aftermarket powertube installed?  If so, go back to stock. 
  2. Check to see if there is a crack in the powertube.
  3. If you are using a compressed air tank, check the output pressure.  It needs to be 800 p.s.i.
  4. If you have a newer A-5 with the 2 air ports on the right side receiver (one for the Cyclone & one for the RT kit), check to make sure the large receiver o-ring is in place on the inside of the receiver that creates a seal between  the powertube & receiver.
If your A-5 is the newer style with the 2 air ports on the right side, then the powertube should have one large hole for the air to exit out & pass through the receiver to the Cyclone.  If it has it has one or two small holes in the powertube, you can remove the valve & then drill out the powertube air passage hole with a 1/4" drill bit.  

Lets us know what you find.  If  you can't get it going contact our service department at 800 533 4831.
crazzytom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazzytom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 7:37pm
Thanks for the help, i had installed a rap4 cyclone kit and started doing your suggestions and while putting the factory parts back in i noticed that the cup seal was installed in the opposite direction than the factory one, i flipped it around and now it works perfect....thank you very much
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic