Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cyclone Not Feeding Correctly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachadwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyclone Not Feeding Correctly
    Posted: 27 March 2013 at 11:12pm
I bought a Tippmann Cyclone Feeder and when it cycles, it is allowing two balls to enter the chamber. I notice tha the paddles are rotating too far. It feeds one ball in as it rotates but when it stops rotating, the second ball jsut falls right down behind the first ball, causing a ball break. Any idea's?

here is a pic:
TippmannEmployee1 View Drop Down
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Tippmann Sports Staff / Marker Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 9:50am
That's how the Cyclone Feed Kit is designed for the 98 Custom & US Army markers.  Unlike the A5, X7 & Phenom where the hook is part of the receiver, the hook in this kit is part of the mounting adapter.  This causes extra space & requires two balls to be ready to go.  Which means there's one in the breach & one floating between the breach & Cyclone.  The axle that the paddles are connected to is indexed to allow for this which gives it room for two balls to fall into place when loading.   If there was only one ball in the breach & an empty space  between the Cyclone & receiver  then there wouldn't be anything to keep the ball in the breach from rolling back out towards the Cyclone  & getting chopped by the front bolt.  So basically the second ball is there to keep the first ball in the breach.  

If you are breaking paint, then check your paint.  Do a drop test to make sure it bounces on a smooth hard surface from about 5 feet.  If it bounces then it will work in your marker, if it breaks a lot from that height then the ball is too brittle & you should try a different ball.
hachadwick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachadwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 10:16am
OK, I am relieved. See, this is what happened when one tried to over think something. Thank you very much for detailed answer. 
I have a question: I believe what you say but wouldn't that make it some what like a gravity feed system? If I tilt my gun to the left, the second ball rolls down and touches the first ball. Isn't the point of the cyclone feed system is to prevent more than one ball from queuing? 
TippmannEmployee1 View Drop Down
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Tippmann Sports Staff / Marker Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 11:07am
It will work fine tilted to the left.  The bolt won't catch or damage the second ball.  Also the marker won't double load a ball unless your ball detent is missing.  
hachadwick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachadwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 11:12am
ok, so it must either be the paint, which I have shot fine with my marker before or switching to HPA the FPS needs to be adjusted again. Thank you very much for the replies. A company is only as good as it's customer support. I'll post a update tonight after I test it again and lower the air pressure. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic