Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best bore size?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Parts Tech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parts Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best bore size?
    Posted: 16 April 2013 at 4:41pm
Generally, you want paintballs and a barrel that matches.  The test I use is this:
I want the ball to stick in the barrel, but push through it with a puff of air (from my mouth).
Paint can swell or shrink for many reasons.  If you want to be real precise, check the bore each time you play.  .689 is the "official" size.  When using paintballs that are not very round, you need to go a bit bigger.

We have a barrel guide that provides some of the basics:

Paintball Barrel Guide

I will check back in and provide additional responses as requested.
Tech at TippmannParts.com
We do everything Tippmann
kendall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 7:24am
Though I think this belongs in the upgrades and customization section, I'm interested in this conversation. Even though everyone's probably sick of taking barrels as they don't seem to have that much of an effect on accuracy barring the complete pieces of poo.

This is something I'm currently debating as well. Through my research J&J two-piece, Flasc two-piece, Custom Products two-piece, and the underbored Lapco you're referring to are the most intriguing to me.

As I posted here; http://www.tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID=191147&PID=2728747&#2728747

The concern of mine, which has been confirmed only by one person on a separate forum, is that the nature of the open bolt, large chambered Tippmann may struggle during the transition of paint from marker to underbored barrel.

Essentially, without looking into bore/paint match, just as a general stance, what might or might not be too underbored for the A5 and/or X7 from a technical standpoint.

Because let's face it; There's not a hell of a lot of improving of accuracy with a barrel upgrade on a blowback marker. So, the efforts are simply to improve efficiency and consistency. My marker is generally both, but from what I've read; the underbore might be a touch more of both. What I don't want to do is take a step backward by overdoing it, and have balls break in my marker.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2013 at 7:06pm
Personally, I'd go with the .687 out of those choices but what I would really prefer would be a J&J ceramic.
L3thA1tY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L3thA1tY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 12:14am
This is likely to open a <bunch> of opinions so I will narrow it down.

I shoot Marbalizers exclusively and play in temps ranging from 60-90 degrees.
I am looking at a Lapco Big Shot Assault for my x7 Phenom.

The big shot barrels come in .687 and .690 bore size. Based on the above criteria, what bore size do you think would shoot most "accurately and consistently"?

Edited by Mack - 05 April 2013 at 7:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic