Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My model 98 is shooting t low fps?!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordankirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My model 98 is shooting t low fps?!?
    Posted: 10 April 2013 at 9:46pm
My tippmann model 98 (old) just isn't shooting at a high fps? It's shooting t like 230 fps. Would getting better/more high tension springs help increase velocity???
-Jordan Kirk
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 11:27am
How full is the tank you're using? If the tank is starting to run low, you may see velocity issues. Also, have you tried altering the position of the velocity screw yet? I know its a silly question, but its a good place to start. 
?

jordankirk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordankirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 4:34pm
Well I am using air  and its about half full. The thing is either way i turn the screw the velocity doesn't really change?

-Jordan Kirk
kendall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 10:02pm
If its hpa, that may have something to do with it. I've heard of older 98's struggling on anything over 3k.
jordankirk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordankirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 10:28pm
Ya it's a 3000 psi 68cu ninja tank. So it may just be the guns response to the air?
-Jordan Kirk
TippmannEmployee1 View Drop Down
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Tippmann Sports Staff / Marker Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by jordankirk jordankirk wrote:

My tippmann model 98 (old) just isn't shooting at a high fps? It's shooting t like 230 fps. Would getting better/more high tension springs help increase velocity???

Just to rule out your tank as a possible problem try using a different one to see if you get a different velocity. You need to have an output pressure of 800 psi to operate a 98 properly, have the output pressure checked if you can.   Do you know if you have a high or low output pressure tank?   You can also change the drive spring with a new one, that usually brings an old 98 back to life. Let us know when you find the solution.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic