Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Velocity Screwed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrUbY xD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Velocity Screwed
    Posted: 28 October 2013 at 7:05am
Hi guys, I have a tippmann sierra one, with a few mods.
One of the mods was a new aluminium power tube.

Recently I when went paintballing and had to adjust my velocity.
Being a bit heavy handed I fully unscrewed the velocity screw, and cross threaded it trying to put it back in...

Once I'd returned home I replaced the screw with one out of my spares box (which I think may be the 98 parts).
It took a few attempts to re thread the screw and was a bit longer than the original.

I took it to my local paintball place and it was shooting at 350 - 370 fps.
I tried adjusting the velocity but nothing happened.

Any ideas ???

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2013 at 1:33pm
What type of air system are you using? CO2 or HPA? If CO2, what's the temperature where you're playing like?

One option if it continues to chrono high is to clip the main spring (a coil or two at a time) and then try again. Velocity in the Sierra One is determined by two factors, flow interruption (the velocity screw) and dwell (how long the valve stays open). If adjusting one doesn't fix it, adjusting the other will.

To clip the spring, turn your velocity screw all the way out and clip a coil or two, re-install the spring and chrono. Continue to do this until the chrono speed gets down to around 310FPS with the screw backed out to its limit (but not removed) You should then be able to use the velocity screw to fine tune the velocity down to a safer level.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
TrUbY xD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrUbY xD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2013 at 4:38am

Sweet ill give it a go!

Cheers

CO2 btw
TrUbY xD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic