Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to Pro Tune your Tippmann A-5 +/- 3fps!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Pro Tune your Tippmann A-5 +/- 3fps!
    Posted: 13 January 2014 at 8:40am
I've been using the Tippmann A-5 since I started, and over the years I have learned a bunch of tips and tricks for getting the best possible performance out of a Tippmann blowback! 

I have a lot of these markers, and when people borrow mine, after using theirs, they always ask me why mine work so much better than theirs does... So I made this video to show them how I "Pro Tune" a Tippmann A-5. 

It is really very easy, and this video was designed so you can sit down with your A-5 and your tablet, or pc and I will tear it down mine, and you can tear down yours at the same time, and do the typical maintenance that I do on my markers every 40 or 50 games. You will need some high end O-rings (you can get them cheap on ebay for buna, but I prefer Silicone, they are just harder to find). 

And then where to polish the internals to yield the highest performance possible. 

I prefer Co2, as I am using that in this video, and you can see it is getting +/-3 fps between each shot! I also use a remote line, as that acts as an expansion chamber to level out the gas before you fire. Other than those changes, this is a bone stock Tippmann A-5. 

Here is the maintenance video. It is almost 30 minutes long, but it will show you how to get performance like you see in my videos with YOUR Tippmann A-5! 

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 13 January 2014 at 8:41am
They tremble at my name...
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2014 at 11:31am
Impressive consistency.
krutoydiesel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krutoydiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2014 at 1:18pm
Do you have a how-to on polishing? It might be more basic than i would think, but its not something i can reverse once i start.

Also, great video on the tune, will be doing this on my A5 as soon as I get new o rings.

thanks.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2014 at 3:28pm
Polishing is not hard, typically A-5's have overspray in the area I talked about in the video (where the bolt slides back and forth) You want to get rid of all of that. I use a sanding sponge if I am in a hurry (a very fine one, like worn 220 or smoother for finishing work). Once I knock off all the overspray, then I hit it with some 00 steel wool. Just be sure to tape over your holes for the cyclone, as you don't want to clog that up. There are already lots of videos on youtube that show how, so didn't cover that in detail. I typically finish up with my polish tool on my dremel. 

It doesn't take much to smooth it out. 

The key is to not take off metal thickness, just get rid of the rough parts, and then polish it until it feels really smooth. 

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 13 January 2014 at 3:29pm
They tremble at my name...
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2014 at 11:43am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

The key is to not take off metal thickness, just get rid of the rough parts, and then polish it until it feels really smooth. 

This!!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic