Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann Airsoft M4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitsune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann Airsoft M4
    Posted: 25 February 2014 at 1:09am
Thank you Tippmann. You have done some things that people have wanted and at the same time have things that need some serious changes. little about myself. I am a former paintballer of 10 years and love the Tippmanns. Best gun as far as I'm concerned. I made the switch to airsoft because I was tired of the motocross feel of paintball. I also enjoyed the realism of airsoft and ultimately made the switch permanent. I am both a woods ball player and a national level operations attendant.

First of all the duel air system is great and innovated but the 12 gram co2 cartridge idea is just dreadful. Airsofters do tactical reloads all the time and to do a mag change mid load and completely lose my charge of gas is a terrible idea.

Second though on the air system. Lots of airsofter want to move away from the remote line air system. Adds to the realism. RAP4 made a PB marker where the HPA/CO2 system was integrated in the butt stock. Is this possible? I can work with a remote line but Id rather not. Just a though.

Being able to use my current AEG style mags is a great. No complains there. Thank you for ditching the piston and gears.

If your going to make a gas operated system this is important You have to make this a recoil system. 99% of airsofters buy gas rifles for the recoil simulation along with functioning bolt catch.

We want instant trigger response, recoil, bolt lock when the mag is empty, etc. Make is a real as possible. Just short of shooting real rounds. This would truly make this the next innovation in airsoft. This would blow away Polarstar and Daytona Gun systems.

Love the idea of adjustable ROF and velocity. This makes the system useful at any field in America. It is also got a tournament lock so I can take this to John Lu Lion Claw events and don't have to worry about getting turned away because I'm able to adjust on the fly. Keep this.

The hopup strikes me a odd. Do I really need a wrench to adjust the hopup unit? There are a ton of working units out there like the ICS style hopup that work perfectly. Can I R-hop the hopup and use it on my currently R-hopped barrel of my choice?

Externally the system seems solid but what about a pistol grip. Lets face it. Standard grips are terrible and not desirable. People love the Magpul grips along with others. Can an after market grip be installed

Im sure I can come up with more and this is just a start. I love that you are getting into this but there are some big mistakes happening here that can still be corrected and truly make this the next innovation in gas airsoft rifles.

Fox Platoon. Never give up, never surrender
greywolves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greywolves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2014 at 5:04pm
ı heared in the Turkey paintball very good place. I like tippmann rifle style. when ı play paintball ı was think in the max payne... thank u tippmann:=)
GreyWolves like paintball
Salvation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salvation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2014 at 8:33pm
I agree that this airsoft rifle needs to have air in the stock. While the CO2 in the mag is a proven method for airsoft pistols Im not convinced it will work as well in a rifle variant.

That being said Im pretty excited that Tippmann mange the jump into airsoft. I look forward to see what else they might have planned.

Kev
Kitsune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitsune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2014 at 12:40pm
I have my gripes about this and I really want to get this. I just hope Tippmann takes everything into consideration before releasing it. I will say. 2 years developing and they have come up with a nice piece of product. It is good, but I would like to see great or even awesome.
Fox Platoon. Never give up, never surrender
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2014 at 1:49pm
I currently run a KWA K-4 gas blow-back rifle as well. The reason I like it is the 'memory' aspect of the M-16 and my 'training' LTAFFA.
I even have a WE GBB M-14. As well as a WE GBB M-1911.

The new airsoft market demands gas blow-backs and realilistic ammo loads. MY magazines are gas internal tank filled (green gas) and 40 rounds. The days of spray and pray case to kill in the Mil-Sim environment of airsoft is about gone.

CO2 being an expansion gas will have issues as did the other manufacturer's who went CO2 rather than the propane based propellants (green gas)with a silicon lubricant in mix for seal maintenance as well as inner workings.

Best of luck Tippmann's first attempt, they will get better.

Edited by oldsoldier - 06 March 2014 at 1:50pm
Billyak474 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billyak474 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2015 at 10:02am
Hi i have this gun and i wanted to change the rail system could i put a airsoft version daniel defence m4 rail system on this gun
long123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote long123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2015 at 3:52am
I like tippmann rifle style. when ı play paintball ı was think in the max payne... thank u tippmann:=)
bluefirebird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluefirebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2015 at 11:37pm
i own tippman and it seems as though they want u to up grade the gun but they want you to doit not package and sell they want it to be personal but has been the most reliable of all my and my friends guns even there polarstars. big plus their. but i would like some help in deciding what inner barrel to use and is power upgrade worth it i am doing a dmr wish build 

bluefirebird
maurice dudeley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maurice dudeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 8:52pm
I'm mauri, im new here! Im an airsofters for quite a year now i have here my BBTac M4 M16 Replica and a Taurus Millenium PT 111 Great Gun for me!i bought it from [REDACTED] they also have tactical gears and accessories.

Edited to remove blatant advertising and blatant copy-paste spam.

Edited by tallen702 - 23 January 2017 at 6:36am
mauri
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic