Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippman 98

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ethanluky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippman 98
    Posted: 31 March 2014 at 10:51pm
I try to shoot my gun after i bought  it. I shot is it was good first 100 shots then after that the air tank was shooting unlimited shots until the air was finished. Is this because i did not oil it or it is a bad gun. 
Ethan Lukyanovsky
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2014 at 11:47am
Was the tank empty?
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2014 at 11:57am
That's generally the sign that the tank is empty. When the tank gets low, there's not enough pressure to send the rear bolt back far enough to catch the sear, so it just bounces back and forth- that 'unlimited shooting' as you put it, until there is no more air in the tank at all.

How long did the 'unlimited shots' go for? If it was just a few seconds, then your tank was not full when you started shooting. If it kept going and going for a while (why didn't you stop it?) then you might have a mechanical issue preventing the engagement of the sear.
?

ethanluky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ethanluky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2014 at 6:55pm
NO I found out i did not greese it could that be the case
Ethan Lukyanovsky
ethanluky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ethanluky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2014 at 6:55pm
Also i had 1500 psi inside 

Ethan Lukyanovsky
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic