Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Model 98 Low Pressure Kit Repair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goren813 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 98 Low Pressure Kit Repair
    Posted: 24 April 2014 at 7:23pm
I have a Model 98 Custom with a few mods on it, including a low pressure kit. I've had this thing for over a decade and haven't used it in at least 7 years. Prior to stopping play it worked fine running compressed air from a 45/3000 tank.

I just got back into the game and want this as my secondary marker, but when I hooked it all up it leaks from the secondary regulator that came with the low pressure kit. Upon taking it apart and replacing o-rings, cleaning it up, etc. it still leaks from same area, and I think I've found the culprit. See the pics, I'm amazed that this would happen really, any thoughts on why this would occur? Where can I find replacement parts, if anywhere?

Pics aren't that great but the metal has split. Clearly not forming a seal inside the reg and thus leaking from the bottom. Help!

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2014 at 10:52am
A quick look tells me to go to mccarterbrown to find your item.
goren813 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goren813 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2014 at 5:46pm
That's a forum, I don't see what you are trying to direct me to.

From my research I've found the low pressure kit has been discontinued, can't find it anywhere. I'm hoping buying a replacement in-line vertical regulator of another brand (custom products has one for around $60) will solve my issue. The LPK seems to be able to take any type of vertical reg, I'll be at the local shop tomorrow and report if it solves my issue.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2014 at 7:47pm
Right is a forum.   Go there to the for sale section and find what you need,
goren813 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goren813 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 6:10pm
I got a Custom Products veritical regulator, which solved the leak from the reg. However, it now leaks from the front bolt area, from what I take from this it appears the inner valve to the low pressure kit is the issue. Anyplace with instructions on how to disassemble and restore this valve?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic