Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cyclone Chopping Every Ball!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yjnexuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyclone Chopping Every Ball!
    Posted: 21 May 2014 at 8:07am
So I was wondering if anyone had some ideas as to why it's doing this...

I'm shooting a 98 custom with a flatline, RT and just installed a Cyclone feed.  I bought the 1/8" upgrade kit and made sure the flow control insert is in the line running to the Cyclone.  There are no sharp parts or edges near the feed, but it's chopping EVERY ball that i'm running through it. 

I swapped out the flatline with a stock barrel, and it's chopping about 85% of the balls.  I'm wondering if there's something to adjust or tweaking I need to do to get it to stop?  

Any input from the Masters out there????

Thanks guys and gals!
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 12:14am
I put a Cyclone and the 1/8" upgrade kit on a 98 Custom and had the same problem.  Then I removed the flow control insert (which was a pain) and the marker works fine now.
yjnexuz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yjnexuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 9:06am
Definitely worth a try then, thanks!   I ordered some less aggressive paddles for the Cyclone and took the bloody flatline off.  I've had good look with the J&Js, so hopefully that will help.   If I'm still spewing paint I will take the flow control insert out and see if that will correct it.  

You don't find that with more air being let through that the hopper is too aggressive?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 10:45am
J&Js are good barrels.

No, even with the flow control removed, the hopper isn't to aggressive.  (It is more sarcastic though.  Big smile)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic