Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Triumph eXT not firing...sometimes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Triumph eXT not firing...sometimes
    Posted: 27 June 2014 at 11:38am
I picked up a used eXT and it was working fine for a little bit before it died mid-game..

When i pulled the trigger, nothing happened, pulled a few more times, still nothing... again, and it fired

I replaced the battery, thinking that may be it, but this continued to happen.

I had to replace the rear bolt o-ring and I think I put everything back in place correctly, but not really certain where to check for issues.

When i take the handle off the gun, the trigger consistently fires (it clicks and what i assume holds the bolt back drops down, which should release it)

i can cock it back just fine and it will fire, the pin gets reset and looks like it's good again, but when i try to fire, nothing.

I have found that if I apply a little bit of pressure backwards on the cock-pin it will fire again, so, I assume something isn't 100% lined up, but I'm not sure which part it could be

Thoughts?

EDIT
-----------------------------------------------
editing in hopes of avoiding a bump, but..

for those that read this and care or have a similar issue... My buddy suggested that the solenoid may be gone... we took one from another gun to try to use it, but when I was removing the solder from the solenoid on the eXT, one of the wires on the capacitor just kinda broke (as i was holding the board in the air, only gravity being applied to the dangling parts (haha, dangling parts...))  

I was in a grumpy/half drunk mood when I was doing this, so, I half assed it and gave up before i could actually fix the gun, but at this point, I'm assuming the issue was a deteriorated wire the capacitor. 

Good luck to anyone else having this issue.

Edited by Baelin - 20 July 2014 at 7:40am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic