Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

triple step barrel boring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: triple step barrel boring
    Posted: 11 July 2014 at 5:41pm
So my concept continues with multiple bore sizing but I plan on adding a third bore size into a single barrel configuration.   The configuration is cocker gun to sp/cocker python kit, to cocker/sp python it, too either jj edge kit or freak.

I know that the masses here are very eager to get some results.   Please stay calm okay.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2014 at 8:05pm
Not gonna lie: this makes NO sense to me. Since we're going that way, make it like 36".
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2014 at 2:42pm
Yeah on the surface it doesn't make much sense but its really a matter of can more than want. I have a ton of barrel configurations that i can mess with ranging from 9 5/8 to a maximum of 13 5/8 with the apex tip. Other considerations are using a shorty barrel tip but adding 3 more inches of control bore. I think that the potential exists that a barrel of the overall same length with a large bore for the front will be less accurate than the configuration with the three extra inches of control with a shorty tip. The whole step bore thing is really just because i only have one set of bore inserts.

Other random considerations is that the python kit places an apex tip on a shorty barrel perfectly in front of the front block group.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2014 at 5:39pm
So you're screwing bore inserts together for funsies?

Machine a flatline adapter for the end of it.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2014 at 8:03pm
The jj Apex adapter and a jj shorty tip should arrive soon. A call to JJ revealed that the JJ Apex adapter will also fit perfectly on the old style Edge tip which is straight. I think that it is 7/8" O.D.

As an example of some of the configurations, the same overall length of the standard Edge barrel alone which is 13 5/8" not including threads can be achieved by using 2 Python bodies, Edge control bore, jj shorty tip, JJ apex adapter, and the Apex tip. This configuration will yield 2 7/8" more control bore opposed to the standard JJ Edge barrel alone.

I need a good go pro mount

Edited by Lightningbolt - 12 July 2014 at 8:21pm
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2014 at 5:46pm
I always used electrical tape without issue for an APEX mount FWIW.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 12:07am
Yeah the jj is rigged up with electrical tape and it works good but just kind of want to square away the gear a bit.   In the future i see an objective Apex, Apex 2, 98 flatline, a5 flatline distance test.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic