Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bringing up the rear with outdated gear

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bringing up the rear with outdated gear
    Posted: 20 July 2014 at 11:48pm
So this new to me proto matrix 5 is super clean internally and the outside.   It looks like the gun condition matches the story of only being used twice and then it sat in a bag in a closet. The marker is nice looking but the execution of the milling is the worst I've seen where there are consistent steps in the milling.   Still pleasing to look at.

The board was confusing right off the bat because the boot sequence differed from the manual and it seemed that it may be possible that the eyes may be dirty or malfunctioning. There basically isn't a boot sequence.   After reviewing board information on the net I took a shot and printed a Tadao Masushi variant manual, left the manual on the printer and blindly went into the programming mode.   After a couple of seconds it was obvious that the program layout is almost identical to the earliest production WAS EQ boards. Walah I'm right at home! Later reviewing the Tadao manual, it matched the programming perfectly.   Is the board better than stock? I have no idea but anything that has a gangster mode is cool right?

I haven't fired it yet but the noid clicks so it should be good. Really looking forward to taking it for a spin.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

. . . anything that has a gangster mode is cool right?

Yes
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2014 at 12:33am
I shot a pm6 for years.  It was great.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2014 at 11:45pm
Hey pc there is a small Allen screw on the front of the gun between the top tube and the lpr that isn't identified in the manual.   What is it?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2014 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

Hey pc there is a small Allen screw on the front of the gun between the top tube and the lpr that isn't identified in the manual.   What is it?

Flux Capacitor adjustment.

Edited by tallen702 - 22 August 2014 at 5:12pm
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2014 at 7:19pm
I thought that it might be a lol button
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2014 at 10:36pm
I have a pm6 that never really got used after I bought it. Shoots smooth, but my Ion has the barrel kit, and a great barrel kit is going to do more wonders than a smooth gun.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2014 at 7:05pm
Outdated? My stuff is coal-fired compared to that
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2014 at 8:55am
Yeah dye guns are essentially the same internally as back then only smaller.

I'm waiting on one more acquisition then I'll probably post an updated photo of my gear. I'm working on hoppers and have 5 right now with two new ones being a Halo b and a pinokio which doesn't get respect for the wrong reasons.   I literally think that guys don't favor it because it doesn't have a cool looking drive cone.   The blades look like they're from a walmart Hopper but it's the lightest of the latest hoppers and my drop tests so far says it rips.    

Still trying to extract a freak system and another halo out of a local ion package to finalize my gear.   Or I might just get a rotor and be done with it.

I've been working on this garbage for almost three months now and it's been fun but now I just want to play.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 30 August 2014 at 9:57am
danno52000 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danno52000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2020 at 4:40pm
also had a pm6 for  a LONG time that I loved...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic