Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann a5 leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scareragnarok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann a5 leak
    Posted: 07 September 2014 at 7:27pm
I recently purchased an electronic grip for my a5 and have an issue with a leak where the gas line connects to the grip. does anyone have a solution to this issue? I reconnected the old grip and have no issue with the leak. 
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2014 at 6:22pm
I know nothing about a5s thanks to a local listing for an a5 with e grip that expired the day before I was going to move on it. If the listing is put up again I May be able to help you in the near future.
scareragnarok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scareragnarok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2014 at 10:48am
thank you. I tried some sealing tape to get a better fit with the thread, though its not leaking from there i was able to tighten it enough where i cant hear the leak unless its up to my ear. still confused as the old grip doesnt have this problem when i hooked it back up.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2014 at 12:31pm
Air line actually runs to the grip frame? Interesting.   I would
have never guessed that not being familiar with the a5.
scareragnarok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scareragnarok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2014 at 5:04pm
http://www.zephyrpaintball.com/media/img/zephyrsports/W1527-H852-Bffffff/tip/paintball_guns/update/tip_2010_t101043___flag.jpg i just googled an image of the a5 e grip. the part that leaks is the gold part of the gas line closest to the grip. i'm just baffled because it doesn't do that with the stock grip.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2014 at 5:22pm
Down by the asa?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2014 at 5:24pm
A drinking straw will amplify the air noise but your own risk because a sudden blowout would be very loud and painful.
I use a custom made stethoscope.
Bruce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2016 at 6:47pm
I have same problem
kendall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2016 at 6:06am
Whenever you buy a new marker it's always best to tear it down and replace all the o-rings. You can look this stuff up if you haven't done it before, it's a good skill to have. If it's an air leak issue it's almost always an o-ring. Check the ASA connection points at the other end of the gas line.

If you've already re-done the o-rings, it could be a small crack in the ASA adapter or the end of the gas line that it connects to. When the marker is dropped on that point it can be pretty stressful on the aluminum. Cheap replacement on tippmannparts.com

It's also important to know which A5 you're running (pre or post 2011) as well as which e-grip you have. Actual photos or a video would help. 

Bruce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2016 at 11:51am
Thanks Kendall! May post pic when I get home
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic