Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Funeral Service

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 1:11am
Just bought some pumpkin spice candy corn. They are alright.
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 1:39am

Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

Oh man, the E30iX was pretty much the holy grail for me in my Bimmer phase. Looks to be in good shape.

Replaced the battery today, but electrical issues remain (dim headlights until rev). Gonna round up a voltmeter tomorrow and see if I'm gonna need to yank the alternator or investigate grounds or what... New car, new problems. Embarrassed

Would be great to make it to the E30 picnic next year, if I'm still living in the PNW.

Edited by BARREL BREAK - 16 October 2014 at 2:12am
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 8:02am
I'm still playing paintball... Hit the field Sunday with my Tipx and A-5. Did some dual wielding and it was a blast. Here is the first game. 

I've moved into another project home and have spent the summer redoing it. Flooring was a huge pain and took me way longer than I thought it would, but I did 1,000 square feet in hand scraped walnut. It looks amazing now. I have been replacing all the switches and vacationing this month... So I figured I'd play some paintball! 

I'm getting the new TCR as soon as it comes out, along with a bunch of the 12 round tru feed mags. Already got a second generation zeta for my Tipx and put an apex 1 tip on it with the 2011 A-5 barrel. 

I'm still using my MonsterSpin barrel on my A-5. 

It is annoying how bad field paint is around here... I realize they have to buy in bulk to get the discounts, but by the time it gets down to the lower part of the skid, the paint is horrible... Dimpled and leaking... 

Biggest problem with paintball is finding good paint...

I'm so sick of both political parties, you'd be hard pressed to even get me to talk about them...

I'm driving a 2005 Acura TSX now, gonna pass 230,000 miles this week...

That's my update! 

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 16 October 2014 at 8:04am
They tremble at my name...
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 8:47am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

I've heard the quality on 870's have dropped in recent years. That being said I prefer the design of them over 500's. Safety is more accessible, and the 870 is way easier to clean.
My son likes the 870 Tact, I still prefer my 590. Smooth as silk, worn in perfectly. 
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 9:06am
It's hard enough just typing on a 7 inch tablet so no quote but;

FE, you mentioned BOTH political parties.   I didn't realize that there is two and thanks for the heads up.

And your a5 maintenance video assisted me in reassembling my a5 valve.   For some reason the washer and o ring came loose during dry firing.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 16 October 2014 at 9:09am
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 9:46am
Both parties do the same thing... spend more money than they have, while always taking more money from us dumb workers who put them in office so they can rip us off more...

Glad my A-5 video helped you! I've heard from a ton of players that they really like it. I'm gonna do one for the Tipx when I get some time... That thing is a PAIN to take all the way apart! 
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 10:22am
Oh crap, FE, Impulse, and I all seem to have the same general feeling on politics? Get ready for Armageddon boys!

Post some picks of that hand-scraped walnut goodness FE! I'd love to see that. I ♥ me some walnut.

Got my el-cheapo M44 from AIM yesterday, it's a strange bird. No refurb markings, and the whole thing is matching except for the bolt. It's a nearly perfect Factory 21 bolt from China's T-53 production. That makes me think it came through Albania, which is pretty rare for M44s. It's also mainly held together by surface rust and cosmoline as the wood is beat to hell.

As for shotties. I'm finding myself falling in love with O/Us these days. Used on on the sporting clays course up at Snowshoe this year, and am champing at the bit to buy a CZ "Mallard" now.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 10:47am
The house I bought was ROUGH... mold in the basement, water lines in the house busted, water heater missing, floors in horrible shape... Bathrooms nasty. Vacant for over 2 years. 

if your bored, I made a video before I bought it showing how bad it was to my folks... and so I could remember the room dimensions...

I tore out the walls in the kitchen to make it open concept, and found cabinets used on craigslist for $900... I'll have around $25,000 fixing it up, but it will be worth it as it is in a great neighborhood in the fastest growing area of Ohio!

I bought this house at auction, for WAY under market value!

Here are the floors I put in. 
This is the most accurate lighting wise

They aren't as dark as they show in these pics

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 16 October 2014 at 7:15pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 11:15am
The flooring looks nice but it is it a floating floor? It looks cut in tight and they need room to float.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 11:38am
Awesome looking floors FE. Wish I had the kind of know-how to do things like that.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 11:47am
Looks great, especially after taking a look at the "before" video.

On a side note, if there's one thing I've learned from looking at short sales and foreclosures, there's ALWAYS a purple room.... ALWAYS....
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 12:02pm
Hey babe, wanna see my youtube channel?  It's huge.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 4:33pm
FE, why didn't you film the before video with your zoom cam while it was still mounted to the A5. The lady would have loved that...
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 7:25pm
You guys are funny! I'm still in shock that my channel has blown up like it has... Paintball woodsball videos... who would have thought! 

The house was scary when I got it. And the video didn't have smell so you only got part of it... haha! 

But, it has been fun fixing it up. 

I used 3/4 inch solid wood floor stapled in tongue and groove, so you can go pretty close to the wall with it, as long as you have space where the drywall is, you should be fine. Real solid wood makes your house worth more than laminate, as it is considered "permanent". And if you do the work yourself, you save a TON of money. I got this flooring for less than the cost of bamboo, so I did really well, but it still cost a ton! If I remember right, I paid $4.59 a foot for this...

USAFPilot, it is REALLY easy to do wood flooring like this, it just takes forever to do. It comes in pieces, and you just lay it in a row as you go and staple it. I got my stapler from harbor freight for under $150. Did that whole area, and two of the bedrooms. I want carpet in my room... 

So all you need is a chop saw, and a table saw, and floor stapler. And good knee pads... Getting the first row is the key, it has to be perfect, after that, it just lays in row by row... And takes forever! haha!

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 16 October 2014 at 7:31pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 10:52pm
It's something to easily lose count of but I've put in maybe 100 wood floors and just a quick look tells me that you're a perfectionist. It's the kind of thing that wins awards and what the industry needs. Foreclosure flips, new builds, either way quality work is fantastic to see. I just wish that I had the same drive for perfection on my own home as I did when I was involved in the industry. Still a silent partner in a very busy company.

Did you continuous run or put in thresholds in the doorways?
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 11:01pm
What are some of the keys to getting the first board perfect?
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 11:33pm
They see me lurkin'.

I have an insane paintball collection, and it's still growing. Latest is a red X-Valved (yes, the valve too) R/T ULE. It's sweeeet. Too bad I don't actually play anymore.

I'm also hotrodding my Bike (VTX 1300). That's proving to be fun!
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Latest is a red X-Valved (yes, the valve too) R/T ULE. It's sweeeet.
If it looks like what I think it looks like, I am jealous and I want it! I think it was You Wont See Me who had a blue one and that was the sexiest gun I've ever seen and then he sold it to a friend.
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Strike #4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 11:50pm
I had a ULE body X-Valve with the R/T with a 90° trigger frame. Shouldn't have gotten rid of it, even if I don't play anymore.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2014 at 7:54am
Attempt at hotlinking! Let's see if it works:

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic