Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Funeral Service

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2014 at 7:10am
We just had range quals the other day, and found out that since our town isn't going to budge on buying us a patrol rifle, they're considering a policy that allows us to carry our own if we have one.

I now have an excuse to start building one. "But honey....its for work!"

I also managed to shoot a 236/250 with the M&P the first run through. All I did was change the amount of finger I had on the trigger and went up to a 249.

We got to play with one of the guy's new Sig 320 in .40, and it was a great shooter, and I'm considering putting one of those on my 'do want' list.
?

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2014 at 10:51am
tax write off?  
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Strike #4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2014 at 12:09pm
See if you can get something through that .mil surplus for police program. If they say it doesn't work for individuals, just send them a picture of you dressed as Dredd.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2014 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

tax write off?  

That along with all the ammo you buy all year Big smile
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2014 at 12:46pm
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2014 at 1:08pm
I'm certified to carry every weapon I own on duty, and don't hunt with any of them. All my ammo is exclusively for training purposes. 

Besides, I still don't spend enough on equipment to surpass the base deductions for my bracket, so it's really just to record what I tend to spend yearly on work-related supplies.

Edited by usafpilot07 - 05 November 2014 at 1:14pm
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2014 at 10:02am
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

tax write off?  

It's being done by guys at the county level now, so it isn't unheard of.

Write off or not, I'd better get going before the rumored phase 2 of the NY safe act is rolled out now that Prince Andy got reelected.
?

RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 12:12am
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2014 at 8:51am
Hahaha! No, you wouldn't want to see that much of my rear end! Lol! Good find! 
They tremble at my name...
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2014 at 3:12pm
My sinuses are killing me to death.

Also I got research accepted to the PCA/ACA National Conference. It's in New Orleans this year. Which is a place. 
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2014 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Also I got research accepted to the PCA/ACA National Conference. It's in New Orleans this year. Which is a place. 

Hey whale,

how is the effects of social media on society studies going? Thats a particular subject that I've taken an interest in for about 5 years now.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2014 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

Hey whale,

how is the effects of social media on society studies going? Thats a particular subject that I've taken an interest in for about 5 years now.

Hey! It's pretty cool. I'm working on some basic stuff this fall to recharge my batteries, but in the spring I have some cool stuff lined up to test social media consumption and values of news literacy in people aged 18-21.

My dissertation (Which I don't think I talked about on here much) found that people who tend to use the "Share" button on Facebook at a high amount are just as likely to "Share" a link to a piece of true information as a link to a piece of false information or a rumor.

It's not everyone, just people who my study found to be "Power Endorsers" of information, tend to value sharing large amounts of content over being seen as factually correct -- and that those people could potentially be the cause of wide-spread health rumors on Facebook. 

I also got some grant money and I'm working with a cohort of public health and physiologist researchers to find out what works best when building social media messages to promote good adolescent health.

Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2014 at 1:55am
So you've discovered everything that I hate about America.  Please give me details so I can kill it with fire.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2014 at 8:16am
The overabundance of shared 'facts' and 'news' is one of the reasons I absolutely do not miss facebook one single iota. 
?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2014 at 10:12am

Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

Hey whale,

Hey! It's pretty cool. I'm working on some basic stuff this fall to recharge my batteries, but in the spring I have some cool stuff lined up to test social media consumption and values of news literacy in people aged 18-21.

My dissertation (Which I don't think I talked about on here much) found that people who tend to use the "Share" button on Facebook at a high amount are just as likely to "Share" a link to a piece of true information as a link to a piece of false information or a rumor.

It's not everyone, just people who my study found to be "Power Endorsers" of information, tend to value sharing large amounts of content over being seen as factually correct -- and that those people could potentially be the cause of wide-spread health rumors on Facebook. 

I also got some grant money and I'm working with a cohort of public health and physiologist researchers to find out what works best when building social media messages to promote good adolescent health.

is there any information regarding your studies that is publicly available? I think that what you're looking into parallels my interests.
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2014 at 6:33pm
I'm in need of some advice on ski resorts.  I just bought my plane ticket for Denver over the Christmas holiday.  I'll have 2 full days to ski.  Where should I go?  I consider myself to be between experienced and expert.  In Europe I skied mostly blues and blacks and would like to stay as close to Denver as possible.

I am also planning on getting out to the east coast later this season, in the Philly area.  Any good places out that way?

Edited by Eville - 22 November 2014 at 6:33pm
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2014 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

I am also planning on getting out to the east coast later this season, in the Philly area.  Any good places out that way?

To ski or visit?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2014 at 7:42pm
Aspen, copper Mountain, Vail, and Snowmass are where I've been.   Even though it is an elitist resort I really enjoy the layout of Vail.   People that have gone more than me really like a basin.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 22 November 2014 at 7:43pm
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2014 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

To ski or visit?

To ski
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2014 at 10:16am

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

To ski or visit?

To ski

Eh, SE PA isn't exactly a gold mine of good skiing. Most of the good Mid-Atlantic resorts are in my home state of WV. The only one that would be even remotely decent and close in the Mid-Atlantic that you'd want to hit is Wisp over in western MD. Otherwise, my suggestion would be to take a road trip to see Reb up in Windham, NY or Hunter Mountain in NY. You're looking at 3.5-4hrs from Philly to hit up those. Otherwise it's just the hills in the Pocono region which are just that, hills.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic