Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Funeral Service

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2014 at 1:28pm
Hunter and Windham mtns. are by no means the destination spots compared to some other places out there, but they're no slouches either- not quite worth the trip from Philly, but they certainly hold their own.

?

Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2015 at 9:25pm
Got some new bits in for my AR yesterday.  Primary Arms 4-14x40, mount, and Harris bipod.  
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2015 at 1:23am
Went snowboarding for the first time this past Sunday. Loads of fun. Now I really want to move to the mountains and get a snowboard setup. I already bought goggles, pants, and gloves. All I really need is the board/bindings/boots. Went to Sleeping Giant near Cody, WY. It's not a big ski area and new (2009) so the prices were low compared to others.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2015 at 8:05pm
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2015 at 5:25pm
Saw that, subreddits seem to have swallowed up forums in general. 
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2015 at 1:53pm

I may have moved to Los Angeles to work for the gubmint (by way of the UC system).

YOU GUYS, HAVING FULL BENEFITS RULES!!!!!

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2015 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

I may have moved to Los Angeles to work for the gubmint (by way of the UC system).

YOU GUYS, HAVING FULL BENEFITS RULES!!!!!

You teaching?
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2015 at 10:42pm

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

You teaching?

Nah, managing online courses, I make sure the instructors don't screw up too badly in the LMS (Canvas) and research ways to improve web classes. Currently helping set up a video production studio so they can tape lectures and interviews and such.

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2015 at 7:48am

You teaching?

Nah, managing online courses, I make sure the instructors don't screw up too badly in the LMS (Canvas) and research ways to improve web classes. Currently helping set up a video production studio so they can tape lectures and interviews and such.

i prefer online classes because I'm good at managing myself as opposed to having to constantly be told what to do. But in class yesterday we were discussing how bb and online labs additionally function as a backup to on campus classes in the event that for some reason class cannot be held on campus. 99% or more of my classwork is performed online whether a campus class or online.

The frightening thing about online is what happens if either bb interface or especially if the third party homework and testing site crashes. I've had my Internet puke before right after i clicked go on a final exam and it's one of the most scary feelings I've experience in school.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2015 at 9:24am
In other news:
I HAVE THE POWER!

<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2015 at 2:20pm
someone report Tallen for that overly wide sig... 

haha! Congrats bro! 
They tremble at my name...
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2015 at 9:36pm

You teaching?

Oh heard. You people are a godsend. 

I love Canvas to death, and compared to what I used to work in (Sakai) it runs like melted butter. But when it does screw up, or I screw it up, the help people are the best people on Earth. 

I'm actually developing some online/distance learning classes for another university at the moment, and working with the Canvas folks on how to best optimize everything has been great too.

So yeah. Props. 
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 8:22pm
I've been shooting for about 25 years now and finally got my first .22 rifle.  It's a Marlin XT22 VR.  The trigger on this guy is really nice.  I ordered a Nikon Prostaff 4x32 to go on top.  Future plans include a little suppressor, but that will have to wait about a year before I can start my paperwork.  

Edited by Eville - 08 March 2015 at 8:23pm
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2015 at 4:19pm
I have my grandpa's old Marlin 22, love that gun! Shoots amazingly well! 
They tremble at my name...
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 8:01pm
Scope came in today, just waiting on the rings.  In other gun related news, I think I have a problem.  

Picked up a Ruger (new model) Blackhawk  in .357mag today.  I've been wanting a .357 for a while now and found this one for sale locally.  Guy got it from his grandpa who had tried to have some parts of it chrome plated.  Te plating is now starting to crack off.  The metal under it is good though and for $300 it'll be a great shooter.  After selling my Citadel last weekend, I still came out in the black.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic