Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gun Corrosion and Yuck: X-7 Phenom Rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gun Corrosion and Yuck: X-7 Phenom Rebuild
    Posted: 30 November 2014 at 5:46pm
Hey guys I'd really appreciate some help on the matter. In short, I'm messing with an X7 Phenom that I can purchase for a good price if I can get to the bottom of its' former owners' poor care. I've long wanted a Phenom, and I'm itching to get this baby tip top. I've rebuilt a 98 Custom and A-5 that were in rough shape, but this is a new animal and is much worse.

The majority of the screws and pushpins I'll be replacing, as well as springs, ball detent and other inexpensive parts, but I need tips on removing the sludge and paintball build-up from the internals without damaging the marker. I haven't opened it entirely yet as I'm on my way to the store to purchase a drill bit to remove one of the (two) stripped allen screws, and then the adventure begins. I need advice on lubricants, oils, and abrasive pads etc. to get the job done right. Also, the marker features a paint job that I'd like to remove. Any tips on this? I'll get to painting it proper when the time is right. Thanks so much!

- Kendall

Edited by kendall - 30 November 2014 at 6:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic