Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clever gift delivery ideas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clever gift delivery ideas
    Posted: 11 December 2014 at 7:25pm
So, Christmas is fast approaching and I have come to ask the forum's collective genius/mischeviousness for some help.

I'm getting the S.O. her first handgun, so she can start carrying. I had originally planned on getting her a purse and putting the weapon in the purse, so that when she looked into it, she'd find the big present. (She doesn't normally carry a purse, but has mentioned that she'd start as part of her EDC) However, her and a girlfriend were talking this week and her friend mentioned that exact same idea to her, so I'm back to the drawing board.

Any fun ideas? Or, to make this thread a little more open, anyone doing anything particularly clever/special for someone this year?
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 9:25pm
Take her out for a nice dinner.  On the way back to the car, detour past a dark alley.  Get one of your friends in a black hoodie to jump out and pretend to rob you.  Then you yell "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" and the friend hands her the gun.  That way she'll get the gun, and probably start carrying it too.  
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2014 at 12:18am
Tie it to a glass rose.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2014 at 10:24am
Nah..trade the gun for a tattoo.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2014 at 11:30am
Put the gun (unloaded) down the front of your pants. When she says "Is that a gun in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?" tell her to reach in there and find out. Put a bow on the fly of your jeans for extra holiday festiveness.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2014 at 5:59pm
Carrying a gun everywhere you go will never not seem really really weird to me. 
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2014 at 6:29pm
It feels weird not carrying.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2014 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

It feels weird not carrying.

After nine years it has come to a point that if I don't carry I feel something bad will happen to me due to my bad luck. I'd end up being in an alanis morissette lyric.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2014 at 9:40pm
It's kind of easy to understand how whale or others may feel if they haven't spent much time around guns or haven't been
in a situation that a gun may possibly save a life. I witnessed an at gun point robbery before and the criminals almost hit my truck eyeing me out right before the giant revolver was pointed at two unsuspecting teenage girls about 200 yards from me. For some reason I knew that something wasn't right as the criminals were driving towards my truck and I instinctively did a few things right to keep them from holding me up. After the robbery I drove over to the girls, they jumped in my truck and we called the cops. The assailants were located and captured later that night based on my vehicle description. It's kind of strange to have a cop call you at one in the morning yelling we got them!

To reduce an opinion one way or another based this one incident would express a lack of objectivity but I'd rather have the option to protect my life or others if needed. On the other hand, not all people are cut out for safely using our carrying a gun and I can only speak for myself.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2014 at 10:35pm
It's weird to see someone carrying whenever it flashes from underneath their clothing. I think it's weird that it's just shoved in there without a holster of some type (from what I can tell). Someday I plan to purchase a gun and become a holder, but I just don't have the need or availability right now. Don't say that I don't know when I'll need it, I'm in college. I would never get a chance to carry it.
Eville View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
More than 'evil' but not quite 'eviller'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2014 at 10:43pm
You don't know when you'll need it.
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2014 at 12:27am
Everyone has the need. You honestly never know when you'll need it, do you think thise Lindt employees in Australia started the day thinking they'd need guns?

Or any one of thousands of people worldwide who were victims of assault, rape or murder yesterday?

In 15 years of carrying I have not needed it yet but that does not mean I may not need it tomorrow, or in 15 minutes.

A properly concealed gun does not "flash" from under someone's clothing. There are also some minimalist holsters which just cover the trigger area and can make it look "just stuck in", however a decent holster and a good belt will go a long way to making carrying 2lbs of steel comfortable.
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2014 at 12:31am
To USAF, give her a bunch of stuff gun related but only give her the gun last, or on Boxing day.

Give her a box of ammo, hearing protectors, shooting glasses, a cleaning kit, a range bagand even some spare mags but no gun.

Or strip the gun and wrap the components individually.
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2014 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Everyone has the need. You honestly never know when you'll need it,

Just a difference of opinion I suppose -- And this is always one of those things where we don't see eye-to-eye because of cultural differences between South Africa and the U.S. 

I used to be neutral when it came to the concept of carrying a firearm, but the more I learned about human psychology and crowd dynamics and actual crime statistics the more my opinion shifted into "Wow it's a silly/reckless/dangerous thing to do." 

Now-a-days I'm rather supportive of making it illegal across the board to either open carry or concealed carry. 
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2014 at 9:32am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Everyone has the need. You honestly never know when you'll need it,

Just a difference of opinion I suppose -- And this is always one of those things where we don't see eye-to-eye because of cultural differences between South Africa and the U.S. 

I used to be neutral when it came to the concept of carrying a firearm, but the more I learned about human psychology and crowd dynamics and actual crime statistics the more my opinion shifted into "Wow it's a silly/reckless/dangerous thing to do." 

Now-a-days I'm rather supportive of making it illegal across the board to either open carry or concealed carry. 

I disagree strongly, but I respect your opinion a bit more because you own/did own/have some experience with guns. I don't have any respect for anyone who tries to ban "ghost gun 30 caliber clip AK15 concealed carry Glock assault rifles with shoulder things that pop up".
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2014 at 9:42am
I apologize for derailing this thread. 
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2014 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I apologize for derailing this thread. 

This thread would have been derailed anyway.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2014 at 2:36pm
Why make it illegal across the board to carry?
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2014 at 3:06pm

To USAF, give her a bunch of stuff gun related but only give her the gun last, or on Boxing day.

Give her a box of ammo, hearing protectors, shooting glasses, a cleaning kit, a range bagand even some spare mags but no gun.

Or strip the gun and wrap the components individually.

Her best friend is going to get her a certificate for a CCW class and some other small things, so I think I'm going to put some ammunition and ear plugs and the like in her stocking.

I was planning on doing the "box-in-a-box-in-a-box-in-a-box-etc" thing and having her unwrap a ton of boxes before getting to the tiny little gun case the Nano comes in, but I really like that idea too.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2014 at 6:46pm
Don't forget to put stuff in the box to make it feel heavier than it is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic