Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What gifts are you giving?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What gifts are you giving?
    Posted: 19 December 2014 at 1:27pm
Dad- Zero Gravity Chair http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Azero%20gravity%20chair

Nephew: A couple of large sized Stars Wars figurines.

Niece: Talking puppy that helps with learning. http://www.target.com/p/leapfrog-my-puppy-pal-violet/-/A-11324613#prodSlot=_3_63

Sister- Cash

Brother in Law- Cash

Grandparents- Not sure yet.

Edited by impulse418 - 19 December 2014 at 1:29pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2014 at 1:59pm
Wife: Dansko Clogs, a book about free-ranging chickens, a patchwork quilt, and the book "The Boys in the Boat" about the USA 1936 Olympic Rowing Team (was recommended because she LOVED "Unbroken")

Mom: "The Boys in the Boat" and "The Professor and the Madman" which is about the creation of the OED.

Dad: Gold Toe brand socks and a Gander Mountain "Guide Series" long-sleeved T-shirt (it's what he asked for)

Niece: two children's books

Nephew: Lemony Snicket Book 2 from "All the Wrong Questions" and a break-you-own Geode kit.

Son: John Deere long-sleeved onesie, some board books, infant toys, etc.

As for what I'm getting. I know the wife bought me a Craftsman fixed base & plunge router combo because I had to point it out online and tell her how to order it.....
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2014 at 4:52pm
Wife, Kindle Paper White. Tea and coffee cups. Rooibos Nespresso compatible capsules.

Kids, various garbage, as always. 1D stuff for the 10y/o ,Frozen stuff for the 4y/o

Myself, Raptor style 15-22 charging handle.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2014 at 6:05pm
This will be my cheapest christmas ever. I'm far from home, and I have been celebrating with gf's family for the past couple of years. This year, they won't really be having a party because most of the people are traveling and my gf no longer lives nearby. So I'm flying out to see her and only bought presents for her.

Got her some nike fitness shorts, and two pairs of funny men's boxers. She likes to wear my boxers so I figured why not. They are batman and superman themed with each having a cape. Also printing out pictures for a printer frame I bought her that she will like. We set our cap at around $20. I think mine came out to $30ish with coupons and stuff. The plane ticket was expensive, so I guess if you add that cost, it's the most expensive Christmas of my life. She said she is around $90, which is fine because she is making money and I'm racking up debt in school.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2014 at 7:28pm
Bought my Christmas present today. TA11 ACOG
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2014 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Kindle Paper White.

Nice! That was also on my list.

Instead, I'm getting this: combo router

The other thing that was on my list (that I'm not getting) was one of these
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 1:25am
Nice. I had a CRKT Woods Chogan Thawk on my list. Lets see if Santa believes my propaganda.
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Nice. I had a CRKT Woods Chogan Thawk on my list. Lets see if Santa believes my propaganda.

"But sweetie! It's not only good for cutting wood and brush, it's great protection from things like criminals and all those lions and hippos that roam around suburban Capetown, I swear!"

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 11:20am
I was thinking about getting the wife a dime-on-ring.*

Then I realized that I didn't really want to have to find a place to stay over the holidays.

On a serious note, the wife and I are exchanging gifts for the home.  She's getting a nice lamp for the living room and I'm getting a slate firepit for the deck.

*Buy cheap plastic kids ring, dremel slot in top, insert dime and hot glue in place.  Always presented inside a nice jewelry style gift box which is professionally wrapped for Christmas.

Edited by Mack - 20 December 2014 at 11:22am
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 1:54pm
Mom - Some stainless steel odds and ends for the kitchen
Dad - Couple of athletic gear Detroit Tigers shirts
S.O. - Sig Sauer p290rs/holster/ammo
Nephew- the loudest, most obnoxious police related toy I can find tomorrow
and then little stuff for a couple of the siblings that I'm exchanging gifts with

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 3:34pm
Mom and dad - not sure.  They don't like crap and have nothing really on their list.  Possibly a gift card to a restaurant in town.  

Brother - Pandemic - The Cure board gaem

Bro's wife - coffee gift box from a local roaster

Nephew - some clothes... maybe some other things.  He turned one in October so I'll hold off  on anything exciting until he really gets what's going on.

Wife's Sister - Birchbox crap I think

Wife's brother - Ticket to a beer fest

Father in law - we all went in and bought a Milwaukee Tools heated jacket

Mother in law - no idea.  Probably take her out to dinner or something.  

The wife and I aren't exchanging anything really.  I bought myself a new shotgun... so I probably should buy her something nice.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 3:42pm
^^^ The fact that PCF is now married and doing adult things makes me feel very old.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 3:43pm
If it makes you feel any better, in my wife's family's name exchange I gave her cousin a framed picture of myself.  It wasn't a white elephant exchange either.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 3:56pm
Guns and tablets
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic