Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Improvements on the M4 AirSoft

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAIL008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Improvements on the M4 AirSoft
    Posted: 24 January 2015 at 7:53pm
Hoping to see discussions and possible development of after-market parts to improve the platform from user feedback now that the final product is out and thoroughly being beaten into the mud so to speak.
RAIL008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAIL008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2015 at 8:00pm
Fielded the gun today and shot like no tomorrow but right of the bat, I see that the hop-up system needs definite improvement. Seems that the nub/bucking has problems engaging the BB in turn affecting range to the point where the cheaper guns were out-ranging the tippmann. (the screw was dailed all the way down even)

Anyone reading this please offer suggestions, fixes advice
Chelco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chelco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 2:10pm
Hi,

Feels great, shoots even better. Definitively a keeper.

My hop-up was spot on and I didn't move it. 

My only gripe is the FPS adjustment mechanism which is a bit weird: a quarter or less of a turn and the FPS went down dramatically from 430 to 330 (?!)

I posted this at my blog:
http://kriegsimulation.blogspot.com/2015/02/bb-wars-airsoft-no-such-thing-as-too.html

I am looking forward to the next weekend.

Cheers,

RAIL008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAIL008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 4:03pm
yeah getting same issue with velocity being overly sensitive, keep screwing to down trying to bring it below 400 for certainfield then plop goes way down.
Chelco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chelco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 10:42am
Thanks for your response.

Had another weekend of fun with the M4.

The M4 delivers a very tight grouping and quite a long range.  Totally in love with it.

For the fist time I'm not shying away from engagements with other players having guns that are twice as expensive as mine.

RAIL008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAIL008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 11:06am
Did you do anything to it or did you leave it totally stock
Chelco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chelco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2015 at 10:55am
Hi RAIL,

I have it completely stock. I converted it to work from an HPA tank/remote line with the stuff included in the box. Also adjusted the FPS to meet the field requirements. 

My son is growing anxious that I don't pimp the M4. But I am an old guy and the only thing I care is shooting consistently.

Cheers,

Chelco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chelco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2015 at 10:56am
Ah, and I have a red dot for better aiming.

long123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote long123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2015 at 4:45am
Did you do anything to it or did you leave it totally stock
Chelco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chelco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2015 at 11:12am
Completely stock.
I off course added the red dot, some rail covers and an angle grip.
Now I'm shooting 0.28g BBs and the range and accuracy are outrageously high. 

I'm getting an additional Tippmann M4 for my son. He loves using mine!

Cheers,

Chelco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chelco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2015 at 11:16am
Given that polar stars are THE thing among my teenage son's  friends, I think that he going for a Tippmann M4 is a statement. Hopefully the new gun will arrive in time for the weekend.

Cheers,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic