Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98's low velocity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MANIAC MECHANIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98's low velocity
    Posted: 21 June 2015 at 7:48pm
I bought a mess of old 98's , settin in a trailer for 10/12 years , cleaned them up , oiled them up , new ball detents , they ALL air up good and DON'T leak air , i've got the fps up on about a third of them , i've taken 2 markers to work on , on these 2 , I had 2 new springs ( length 4 3/8 ) , swapped springs out , not much diff maybe 5 fps , so I figgered quit being cheep & put orings in it ; new hammer & bolt orings ,still very little diff , the first shot will hit high 260's , then they fall to the 240's i'm using a crossfire reg with 750 output , the paint is loose , but a had a Freak on it and all it did was make it consistent 240's , not really sure where to go at this point , thanks for any help
Hank
maniac mechanic
Owner / Operator
Preston County Paintball
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2015 at 9:43pm
I'd double check the power tubes to make sure there aren't any cracks in them. That's usually the culprit when there's a velocity issue that can't be solved by the traditional methods.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic